Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify car app doesn't work anymore

Solved!

Spotify car app doesn't work anymore

Since the last update of the spotify app on my Samsung Galaxy S7 (8.4.38.621 arm V7) the app didn't appear anymore on my Ford Fiesta 2017.

The bluetooth connection works fine with other apps. Only Spotify doesn't show up.

I've already tried to uninstall and reinstall the app and disconnect the pairing between my phone and my car and it still doesn't work.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Might wanna check this out https://support.spotify.com/is/listen_everywhere/in_the_car/ford/. Sadly Spotify doesn't work with Ford Sync anymore. This is the solution.

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

Hi i solved this. uninstall the last version of spotify and install the spotify-8-4-32-623.apk.

and spotify app now show again in Sync 3.

also you dont update spotify for now. 

View solution in original post

8 Replies
Marked as solution

Might wanna check this out https://support.spotify.com/is/listen_everywhere/in_the_car/ford/. Sadly Spotify doesn't work with Ford Sync anymore. This is the solution.

Ok... so it was a huge advantage from Ford when they sold me that car 3 months ago.

Why Spotify doesn't even said that technology will be stop in 2018 ? That's a shame.

Explanation from Spotify ?

I don't think I will stay premium.

Thank you for your help of course.

PS: Could be possible to have an older version ?

Confermo che Spotify non funziona piu' con SYNC di Ford 

No I think it is with the Ford Sync and not the Spotify app itself

Well if it's permanent, I'm going back to google music. Pretty much same catalogue but cheaper. Only subbed to Spotify because I bought a focus and using the app was convenient.

Same for me. It's already not stable to use the Bluetooth connection in the car and to have to choose a playlist on my phone. It was more safe and convenient with the app. Which was a real pleasure to use.

Actually I don't understand.

Same here, got Premium for my 08/2017 Focus ST and now the Applink ist useless.

And on Top: i got a 3 years old Pioneer VSX-924. Its allthough got removed. So Spotify Premium is useless for me now.

Thank you very much Spotify!

Marked as solution

Hi i solved this. uninstall the last version of spotify and install the spotify-8-4-32-623.apk.

and spotify app now show again in Sync 3.

also you dont update spotify for now. 

Suggested posts