Spotify connect android app

Solved!

Re: Spotify connect android app

user-removed
Not applicable

Sorry, I wasn't clever enough to put "original announcement Spotify Connect" when I was searching the support pages. The pages I found wasn't very transparent that it's an iOS feature only at the moment.

jimjim150
Music Fan

Yeah so there isn't any mention of this being iOS only on the Spotify pages talking about it. I have just bought one of the compatible Pioneer wireless speakers exclusively to use this function with my android device, only to now discover (after looking online quite a bit before buying) that this only works with iOS. Not even with the standard Windows desktop software!

Not an Apple user, not happy.

user-removed
Not applicable

Well, connect does work with my phone now, since a couple of months(?) back, but perhaps you need a fairly new Android version to run it? I've got a Xperia ZR, running Android 4.3.

jimjim150
Music Fan

Thanks for the response, I'm running 4.0.3 on my phone and 4.2.2 on my partner's.

Both have version: 0.7.4.610.gd7332b3 of android spotify app

could you confirm if your version of the android app is a different version?

Thanks,

user-removed
Not applicable

I'm running the same version of Spotify.

I have not tried to use the connect app recently, I mostly stream spotify from my PC or my Squeezebox, but I assume connect still works.

(I'll double check tonight and post if it's not working...)

4.2.2 should be compatible for sure. Are you sure you've had the speakers and the phone connected on the same wifi network when you tried to start Spotify Connect?

EDIT: oh I've got a premium account if I hadn't told that earlier.

Joe
Community Legend

I believe that connect is still rolling out to users and a Premium account is needed to use it. The list of compatible Pioneer devices is shown here. All connect hardware works with both iOS and android devices. Connect for the desktop client would be awesome and may happen once it is fully rolled out on android/iOS.

jimjim150
Music Fan

I'm a Spotify Premium user. Also the device is on the same wifi network as the phone.

I can navigate to the device's web page and used this to update with the latest firmware from Pioneer's website. It is listed as one of their compatible devices (XW-SMA4-K)

Basically I see no option to use Spotify Connect from within the app, I believe it is supposed to be a speaker icon. However it isn't there...

Peter__
Community Legend
Is your speaker definitely ready to be connected to and not in the firmware update mode? I have the same one and for it to be "online" the 3 left most LEDs need to be Blue-Red-Blue.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

jimjim150
Music Fan

Yes the lights are blue, red, blue. Sometimes the Network light flashes, sometimes it is solid. I have tried tapping the input button, which turns the input red light off. Still no obvious way of getting spotify to connect to it...

Peter__
Community Legend
Just to confirm you do have Spotify premium?

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

SUGGESTED POSTS