Spotify controls not appearing in notification bar

Solved!
Highlighted

Spotify controls not appearing in notification bar

AaronRO
Casual Listener

I have a Galaxy S7 with Android 6.0.1 and Spotify version 6.3.0.882. 

Like the title says, "previous, pause/play, next" functionality as well as the album art are all missing from the notification bar on both home and lock screens. All Spotify notifications are gone other than when it's syncing music to a playlist.There's no indication that Spotify is even playing in the background other than the actual music.

I've made sure that notifications are allowed, I've uninstalled and reinstalled the app and the problem went away for about a week. I need a permanent fix.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Solution!

Re: Spotify controls not appearing in notification bar

Johafor
Casual Listener
Solution!

ricsto
Regular

Like many I reverted back to the 6.2 apk which I've been using for a few weeks.

I noticed play had a new official Spotify update as of today 6.9.0-1212 (9th Nov) and I updated to it and rebooted the phone.

I took the plunge and updated to it. So far so good. Notification, lockscreen notification, bluetooth, music playing through phone speaker after headphone unplug etc all seem to be working for me. About time.

Don't shoot the messenger guys if it doesn't work for you. I've given it a real hammering over the last few hours and no issues at all.

I'm on Nexus 5x. Android 7.0 and using in the UK.

View solution in original post

72 Replies

dominusaurelius
Same problem here. Using a Honor 7. The problem seems to correlate with another problem, where the control via Bluetooth is not working. I can't skip songs using the Idrive controller of my car. After rebooting the phone, lockscreen controls, notification and Bluetooth controls fully work until the whole thing goes south again, forcing me to reboot.

AaronRO
Casual Listener
I don't ever use Bluetooth except for the occasional use of a low-end
shower speaker, but I've been using that on and off for years with no issues

hectormangas
I have a pretty similar problem over here, whenever I tap pause on the controls on the notifications bar the widget disappears and I have to relaunch the app. I've tried changing my notifications settings, turning off and on the Do Not Disturb mode and reinstalling the app.
I'm on a S6 with Android 6.0.1 and Spotify on the version 6.3.0.882.
please help!!!

doubyoohoo
Same here... I use Spotify daily and this has never happened before. I just updated to Nougat like 3 days ago so I'm pretty sure it has something to do with the way it handles notifications and DND. it's a real pita.

zbory
I have the same problem, on Android 6.0 and the latest app. The control widget doesn't show up when the app is sent to the background and I can't skip backwards or ahead from my Garmin bluetooth device. Strangely Play/Pause works.

Xevon

I'm having the exact same issue, god I thought it was something I'd done!

Bluetooth controls for both my car stereo and my Android Wear smartwatch are not working at all and the notification is gone. I've confirmed that all of the necessary settings for notifications to appear for Spotify are configured correctly. 

zrll
Casual Listener

Same here on Nexus 6p / Nougat.

I've already tried all troubleshooting guides mentionning this issue.

TheMightyEzlo
I've got the same problem, same version as OP.

Raikoryu
Same here. What's Spotify staff doing about it ? Wake up, guys !!!
SUGGESTED POSTS