Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify crashes when loading songs with with video loop artwork.

Solved!

Spotify crashes when loading songs with with video loop artwork.

Plan

Premium

Country

USA

Device

Samsung Galaxy s8

Operating System

android version 8.0.0

My Question or Issue

Whenever a song with a video loop/gif instead of album artwork (such as songs from Migos,  Rae Sremmurd's or Tune-Yards new albums)  is played the video will never load, leaving a black screen, and I will not be able to swipe to play the next song or go back to the playlist view, or pause (not even from the pulldown app controller in the notification bar or lockscreen). 

The song will stop play after a minute or so of black screen, and it will reset me to the playlist view. 

This is very frustrating. I'm not a fan of the video loop songs, I'd rather have the standard album artwork with the playback controls underneath. 

Is there any way for me to disable the video loop/gifs and just go back to the standard display so I can avoid this problem?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey, thanks for reaching out.

I know it sounds simple, but it's often overlooked. Could you try restarting your device? If that doesn't help, try a quick clean reinstallation of the app. Just follow the steps here.

There is not option for it to be disabled, if you would like, you can submit it in Idea Submissions board or support it if this idea has been already submitted.

Hope it helps 🙂

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Marked as solution

Hey, thanks for reaching out.

I know it sounds simple, but it's often overlooked. Could you try restarting your device? If that doesn't help, try a quick clean reinstallation of the app. Just follow the steps here.

There is not option for it to be disabled, if you would like, you can submit it in Idea Submissions board or support it if this idea has been already submitted.

Hope it helps 🙂

Suggested posts