Premium

Country

Sweden

Device

Realme X2 Pro

Operating System

Android 11

My Question or IssueI

I want to play musik using my stereo as chosen device instead of the phone's speaker or headset with the phone.

It works great until you start watching YouTube or playing video via VLC or similar on the phone. Then it stops my playback every 20sec. Only if I kill Spotify in the phone, then the musik will keep playing without interfering with whatever I do on the phone.

When I choose to play via another unit, the Spotify app in the phone should become a remote control, where I can change track, play n pause and control volume but it seems to interfere with whatever I'm doing, watching youtube, Instagram

reels or whatever. 

It used to work fine many months ago, and it does work if you kill the application, but then you loose the whole point of having the app on the phone as a remote instead of a playback device. 

It works 20sec but then just pause audio on spotify videos and completely pauses the videos on YouTube. 

I have cleared cache, turned off phone, reinstalled spotify and it is granted access to my device media files. 

1 Reply

Hi @Johannnnnnnnnnn!

Could you ask a friend or a relative to connect to your stereo with their phone to see if the issue is present there as well? Also, does the playback cut when you're using the desktop app as a remote control instead?

You may also want to check if there are any firmware updates for your streamer and make sure it's up to date.

Let us know how it goes.

Cheers!

YordanModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts