Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify doesn't recognize device as tablet

Solved!

Spotify doesn't recognize device as tablet

I am using Spotify on the tablet that came with my 2016 Vizio M-Series Smart TV. It only allows shuffle play like it would on phones. How do I get this fixed/report to Spotify devs?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Free account on a tablet only allowing shuffle play

- Spotify classes a tablet as anything 7 inches or greater. Anything under this will only have shuffle play in a free account.

- Spotify needs to identify each tablet using its ID in the build.prop of your tablet. If you are using a lesser known tablet it may be that it has not been matched in the database. Please contact support using the contact form here and let them know your device model, Android version and display size stating that you only have access to shuffle play.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Marked as solution

Free account on a tablet only allowing shuffle play

- Spotify classes a tablet as anything 7 inches or greater. Anything under this will only have shuffle play in a free account.

- Spotify needs to identify each tablet using its ID in the build.prop of your tablet. If you are using a lesser known tablet it may be that it has not been matched in the database. Please contact support using the contact form here and let them know your device model, Android version and display size stating that you only have access to shuffle play.

Suggested posts