Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify in ur car.

Solved!

Spotify in ur car.

Hello, 

I was wondering if i'm able to use spotify to play music to my car radio?

It would be awesome it that could be done, Since i really enjoy the music and now i have the premium status

And just wondering how it would be done, i tried via USB stick but that didn't work out :S

Any1 got other idea's?

Thanks, 

Athrun

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

You should first think of the usage of the phone. I myself love my Samsung Galaxy Note, cause of the pen and that it is large enough to watch movies (netflix) from it, but still small enough to keep with you all the time. Galaxy Note II has been released so I'd go for it or wait for Galaxy S 4.

If your car stereo supports A2DP bluetooth Media you could use bluetooth to stream music from the phone to the car stereo. AUX and 3.5mm stereo jack combo is the usual thing to hook it to the car stereo. Radio Transmitter is a gadget that would simulate a "radio station". You would set a specific radio Mhz to it and then connect your phone to the transmitter. Search for the specific radio Mhz on the car stereo you set to the transmitter and then just play the tunes (stream) the music from the phone via the transmitter.

Phones are usually connected via 3.5mm stereo jack to the transmitter.

IDEAS: Device Management | Recover Deleted Items

Please! Give "Kudos" to posts that you found helpful. Mark "Accept as Solution" if a post solved your issue!. Thank you!

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

Hello everybody!

Saw this topic and wanted to mention that there is many ways to listen to music in your car!

More info you can find here.

Keep in mind that both your device and car need to support the method you choose.

Let us know if you have further questions.

Have a nice day!

View solution in original post

27 Replies

I connect my phone via bluetooth mic. If you have or get a stereo deck with this support it works great. I have a low end JVC deck and use the bluetooth add-on mic. The music plays great through the car speakers without any problems. I've been doing this for about 6 months now.. no problems. Best investment I've ever made. Music also stops playing when you have an incoming call and then resumes playing when the call is over.

Couple of ways it can be done depending on your car stereo:
- If your stereo has an AUX in then use that - cable that plugs into the headphone socket on your phone on one end and into the aux on the other
- if your stereo has bluetooth with audio ability then pair with that
- get one of those radio transmitters (Griffin or similar) - this is what I do
----------------
Listening on Windows, Android and Sonos. Tweeting it at @davelicence

Thanks, that'll work 🙂

Probally get an USB to AUX cable, since mines have USB, SD

~ Athrun

I need help please..i have a cheap phone from work (nextel) but i have sprint for the family what phone should i get for the best reception to play spot in my car ?I have blue tooth and and aux outlet plug .What is a radio transmitter?Would i use that instead of the phone . Be easy on me I'm a newbie .Thanks inadvance

Marked as solution

You should first think of the usage of the phone. I myself love my Samsung Galaxy Note, cause of the pen and that it is large enough to watch movies (netflix) from it, but still small enough to keep with you all the time. Galaxy Note II has been released so I'd go for it or wait for Galaxy S 4.

If your car stereo supports A2DP bluetooth Media you could use bluetooth to stream music from the phone to the car stereo. AUX and 3.5mm stereo jack combo is the usual thing to hook it to the car stereo. Radio Transmitter is a gadget that would simulate a "radio station". You would set a specific radio Mhz to it and then connect your phone to the transmitter. Search for the specific radio Mhz on the car stereo you set to the transmitter and then just play the tunes (stream) the music from the phone via the transmitter.

Phones are usually connected via 3.5mm stereo jack to the transmitter.

Please! Give "Kudos" to posts that you found helpful. Mark "Accept as Solution" if a post solved your issue!. Thank you!

Neo thanks, do u use spotify in your car thru your phone ? Some people have said they get a lot of  drop outs on there phone with spotify.

I do. I used to burn CD's and buy music from iTunes, but got fed up with it. Since I got a new car (in the picture) it had AUX connectivity factory built, so now I use my Galaxy Note on the go and stream music / play local files playlists synced from the PC and offline content anyways anywhere I go.

I'v got it connected to the car stereo via 2 x RCA jacks, and then 3.5mm Stereo Jack at the other end. Sometimes the songs might stutter but that is cause I'm moving. Offline content I have never had an issue with. Mostly I'm always online since I'v got a unlimited amount and unlimited speed data plan on my devices (phone+ipad).

I use Spotify into my car with Bluetooth for about 3 hours everyday.  I have the original Motorola Droid! I have unlimited service and have selected download using 2g/3g.  Very few dropouts.  I can go weeks without a dropout.  It is best to download the playlist before you get in the car, but many times I haven't and it still works great!

The same. I don't see dropouts - almost never. I have few offline playlists but usually I just stream via 2g/3g.

Thanks guys going to get SamsungGalaaxy s 2.Then play some music.

S2 or S3 are great devices. Galaxy Note or Galaxy Note II are great devices too. I'd go with Samsung instead of HTC or such.

Excellent question.

I'm about to go Premium so that i can blue tooth stream in my car.

So to confirm it worked for you ??

Was it best to stream through 3G or offline mode from a playlist?

Thanks

Paul

Both ways work great for me.  I have unlimited data so the stream doesn't cost me. And I drive in areas with a strong cell signal.  If I had a limited data plan or spotty cell service, then I would build my playlists at home, download them over wifi, and play them in offline mode in my car.  If you want to play any of your local files from your computer, then you have to download them using wifi.  Any of your local songs that are not licensed to Spotify, will not play on the stream.  Again, I carpool for about 3 hours per day, 5 days a week and listen to Spotify non-stop.  Definitely the best part of the day!

Spotify is working great through my aux.  But if I also plug my phone in to charge it causes a lot of static.  Any solution?

I think i understand .We can not download spotify music to itunes but can we copy music from spotify ? Like instead of going to speaker say we had those wires going to say a cd/dvd recorder would that work? Love the songs i have would love to save them even though they are not mine.Any ideas thanks

Is is static like a bad phone line?  Or a background hum picked up from the car?

If it is more oa a hum, you need a ground loop isolator.  I used to use an ipod through an aux input and got the same interference and the ground loop isolator worked great.  You can get one at Radio Shack for 20 dollars. There are others online from 6 to 12 dollars as well. The one I saw online uses RCA connectors, so unless they have one with mini plugs, you will have to get (2) RCA to mini wires.  One for the car stereo and one for the phone. 

Hope this helps.

EDR:  Any audio played on your computer can be recorded using recording software or using an external recording device.  Is it legal? I'm not a lawyer.  You should read the Spotify statement that you agreed to when you downloaded their software.

Thanks...

Thanks for the answer on the isolator.  I found this and looks like it would replace my current aux cord from my phone to the aux.  It this what you mean. 

Pyle PLGI35T 3.5 mm/1/8-Inch Stereo Audio Ground Loop Isolator

Suggested posts