Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify not working after updating Huawei p7

Solved!

Spotify not working after updating Huawei p7

Hi!

Today I updated my Huawei p7 to the latest available system software version (P7-L10V100R001C00B621).

The update seems to have caused an issue with Spotify (Premium), which isn't opening anymore. After opening the app the screen turns black and after 1 second simply returns to my phone menu.

Anyone else with similar problems and a solution? Already tried resetting my phone and reinstalling spotify without any improvement.

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

I have the same probelem on a Huawei Honor 4c (Android 4.4.2). With the lastest Spotify version 3.3.0.982 it starts, black screen, and then i see the home screen again. There is a spotify service running in the background.

I tried

• removing spotify, finding all *spotify* files on the phone and deleting them, reinstalled spotify.
  • remove spotify, erase SD Card, install spotify
  • factory reset, install spotify

nothing changed the behavior. I use my SD Card as the primary storage but also tried using the internal storage as primariy but still the same behaviour of spotify.

The funny part is that i was listening to spotify when the update happened and from then on no more luck. Thats why I thoung maybe it had to do with corrupted data files.

Installed Spotify Version 3.2.0.1197 and it works again.

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

Marked as solution

Marked as solution

There's an update. 988, works for me on my Ascend G6!

Marked as solution

Yep, new update also works on the Honor 4X.

25 Replies

I'm having a similar issue on my Honor 4x. I used to had a similar issue with my old Alcatel OT6033, as a workaround to the issue i used to turn on bluetooth, open Spotify and then turn Bluetooth off, but this workaround isn't working this time.

Same phone, same problem.

Same Problem with the honor 4x

Same phone, same problem, any news from somebody?

Same problem with my Huawei P7. Any solution? Thanks, regards.

Any news yet? It seems like only Huawei owners have this problem.. It started this morning when I updated my EMUI, so I'm wondering if the problem is caused by the Huawei update or the Spotify update.
I hope this will be fixed soon!

It is surely caused by the Spotify update, cause there wasn't any EMUI update on the Honor 4X.

I have the exact same problem on my Huawei ascend P7. Are there any known fixes yet?

I've restarted my phone, everything new, redownloaded spotify and nothing... I thing is a spotify thing...

Same here on Huawei Ascend G6. Installeren old version and disabled update.

Rofiets did you install old version of huawei software or spotify? Can you pls explain a bit the process and where u found the older files?

Same problem on honor 6 plus...
Marked as solution

I have the same probelem on a Huawei Honor 4c (Android 4.4.2). With the lastest Spotify version 3.3.0.982 it starts, black screen, and then i see the home screen again. There is a spotify service running in the background.

I tried

• removing spotify, finding all *spotify* files on the phone and deleting them, reinstalled spotify.
  • remove spotify, erase SD Card, install spotify
  • factory reset, install spotify

nothing changed the behavior. I use my SD Card as the primary storage but also tried using the internal storage as primariy but still the same behaviour of spotify.

The funny part is that i was listening to spotify when the update happened and from then on no more luck. Thats why I thoung maybe it had to do with corrupted data files.

Installed Spotify Version 3.2.0.1197 and it works again.

Same phone, same problem!

Where can I found the older version of Spotify?
Marked as solution

It doesn't work for me. This is the same version as in google play.

Suggested posts