Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify on Galaxy Watch

Solved!

Spotify on Galaxy Watch

Hi,

I am looking at buying a galaxy watch, but before I commit I want to know what functions are available on the Spotify app for the watch. 

I've seen a friend's one and the app does not appear to have a search function on the watch app to find a specific artist. 

This is in contrary to what I've seen on YouTube where a search function is available. 

Can someone let me know if search is available? Or was it only on a previous version? 

Any information be much appreciated! 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @Peetdu.

Thanks for posting about this on the Community.

You have to be a Premium user to be able to search for music on your smartwatch.

To find out more, we recommend you check out this support article here.

Hope that helps! If you need anything else, we'll be here.

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @Peetdu.

Thanks for posting about this on the Community.

You have to be a Premium user to be able to search for music on your smartwatch.

To find out more, we recommend you check out this support article here.

Hope that helps! If you need anything else, we'll be here.

Hi 

Sadly the Spotify app for the Galaxy Watch has a number of bugs that make it almost unusable.

The worst of which is that Spotify will suddenly start playing  on the watch after a phone call.

This is very inconvenient and quite annoying when in a meeting or in an environment where it is not appropriate to suddenly have music playing.

I cannot understand how Spotify and Samsung think that this is ok but they refuse to fix it.

Spotify haven't updated their watch app in almost a year now - so a fix is unlikely

Luckily there are alternatives that are starting to appear - tidal music streaming app is one such option

Yes it is a bad app. I returned my galaxy watch as a result of this.

No podcasts either was my main issue.

Hey @Adamsonn,

Thanks for sharing your feedback with us.

We just wanted to let you know that our tech team is aware of the issue regarding music starting to play after the end of a phone call, and they are looking into a fix for it. We will get back to you as soon as we have an update from them!

@Peetdu - you're right: unfortunately it is currently not possible to listen to podcasts on any Samsung wearables.

However, one user on the Community has created an idea about this which you can vote for: just head here to do so. If it garners enough votes, then Spotify might consider implementing it!

Hope that helps! 

Hi Thanks for the feedback - however being aware of the problem and actually fixing it are very different things 

The tech team has been aware of the problem for many months with no updates - so this should only be marked as resolved when an update  is available

And when the problem is resolved 

Thanks

Neil 

Hey @Adamsonn.

Thanks for your reply.

The post that was marked as a solution was in response to the original question from @Peetdu which is the subject of this thread, namely whether the search option is available on Galaxy Watch.

We recommend that users open a new thread for each issue that they are experiencing so that the conversation can be focused on that particular issue.

Hope that makes sense! Let us know if you have any other questions or queries.

Well for starters it would be good to know when Spotify plans to fix the most fundamental bug of all - that of music playing after a phone call 

Surely this should be keeping Spotify management awake at night - I know if this was my responsibility I would have a team on this 24/7 and have it fixed as a critical issue

- the ongoing inability to fix is causing huge reputational damage to the brand and it means people are cancelling their membership - it is fascinating to watch!

Excuse the pun 

Obviously the Samsung watch is not a priority 

Suggested posts