Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify spots playing after a while suddenly

Solved!

Spotify spots playing after a while suddenly

Spotify pauses on its own after a while when I am playing it on my Android phone - sometimes before the next song or in a middle of a song.

I am noticing this happen when I am playing it through my bluetooth speakers.

The issue is intermittent, I haven't found a pattern for why this is happening.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Android Nougat has brought about enhanced power saving, making the Doze feature first seen in Android Marshmallow even better... However this can have adverse affects; especially if using apps with the screen off or in the background such as Spotify.

You can customise which apps are affected by this doze feature by following the steps below:

1. Open the Settings app on your phone (Pull down the notifications shade, and tap the gear in the upper right corner, or find “Settings” in the App Drawer.)
2. Tap Battery.
3. Tap the menu button and choose “Battery optimization.”
4. Tap the dropdown menu at the top of the screen and select “All apps.”
5. Scroll down to Spotify - tap it and select "Don't Optimize"

Now Spotify will not be controlled by the Android system's power saving enabling it to run in the background.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

What phone and android version? Is this post relevant?

Hmm unfortunately it is the LG Nexus 5X so I don't think that post is relevant. Android version 7.0 - kernel version.

Marked as solution

Android Nougat has brought about enhanced power saving, making the Doze feature first seen in Android Marshmallow even better... However this can have adverse affects; especially if using apps with the screen off or in the background such as Spotify.

You can customise which apps are affected by this doze feature by following the steps below:

1. Open the Settings app on your phone (Pull down the notifications shade, and tap the gear in the upper right corner, or find “Settings” in the App Drawer.)
2. Tap Battery.
3. Tap the menu button and choose “Battery optimization.”
4. Tap the dropdown menu at the top of the screen and select “All apps.”
5. Scroll down to Spotify - tap it and select "Don't Optimize"

Now Spotify will not be controlled by the Android system's power saving enabling it to run in the background.

Suggested posts