Spotify starts playing randomly on my Android device

Solved!

Re: Spotify starts playing randomly on my Android device

G_Loc
Gig Goer

Looks like this is fixed (at least for me) as I haven't had this issue occur for a few weeks now - thanks!

Sofieen
Casual Listener
Hi,
My Spotify starts playing randomly when I'm not even using my phone (not even touching) and my laptop is closed. It's really annoying that some random songs starts to play while I'm at work etc. And when I open the list of apps that are running it says that Spotify isn't even open/running but it's playing a song? How in the world can I fix this because I don't wanna delete Spotify just because of that. I have the latest updates and my phone is Oneplus 3.
Thanks

GoMrPickles
Gig Goer

OP here; I have not experience this issue in a couple weeks.

Sofieen
Casual Listener
Today I made the latest software update and still after that it happened again.. so I really don't know is there a problem with the phone or the Spotify app.

JimmyDiscoT
Casual Listener
Did this ever get resolved?

I'm a brand new Spotify user and this has happened to me a few times since installing a few weeks ago, and twice today in the space of 5 minutes. Not a great first impression for a new customer.

GoMrPickles
Gig Goer

Spotify staff weren't able to identify a root cause; they said (I think somewhere in this thread) that combined desktop and Android app updates should resolve it. They weren't able to reproduce the issue but from the number of posts in this thread it's clearly not an isolated event.

Joe
Community Legend

Starting to see posts from users who say that spotify starts playing after triggers such as alarm or ending a phone call. This may or may not be connected but it sounds like something is definitely not right.

Highlighted

Spotify
Spotify

Hi @Joe,

You're correct (twice). There's an issue that makes the app start playback when regaining audio focus (after a phone call and other "interruptions")[1] and it's not connected with the issue originally reported in this thread [2].

The good news are that the bug has been identified and the fix is coming. It will probably take some days to be released on Google Play, so please be patient. 🙏🏼

If this is extremely annoying for you, you can try swiping off the Spotify app from the recent apps list after you use it.

Joe
Community Legend

I appreciate the update. Thank you.

Cernunnas
Casual Listener

Wow, so after what? 2 years and a half... it's FINALLY been identified. So no more "try logging out" or "change your password" or "restart your device". Don't take me wrong, I'm not hating on the forum mods... I know they do what they can, I'm just critizicing the devs. It's SOOO annoying, and it's still happening! I really hope the fix will be released soon... it's been 4 days since the announcement already. Sorry if I sound salty, but it's just been going on for so long and it's so extremely annoying. I can't believe I'm still paying for it. Rant over...

SUGGESTED POSTS