Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Static/crackling with certain files

Static/crackling with certain files

When sync my tracks to my Spotify app for offline use, I get a lot of static/crackling in certain tracks and the volume is very low. This only happens to tracks that I added to playlists from Spotify itself. Tracks that I have stored locally that I sync over to my phone play just fine and crystal clear.

I've tried clearing the cache, I've tried using wifi and mobile data, I've even tried uninstalling the app and resintalling with no success. This basically renders my paying for premium useless as most of my music comes from Spotify.
I've also tried different download and streaming qualities from Normal to Extreme. All produce the same horrible quality.

Streaming from the app still gives me that awful static. The problem here are Spotiify's tracks themselves. I didn't have this problem with my old HTC One X which unfortunately died a few months ago.

Info:
Galaxy S4 mini
Android version: 4.2.2
Spotify version: 0.7.4.610.gd7332b3

5 Replies

Could you see if turning off any equalisers, including spotify audio effects makes any difference?

Yes I tried that too. I forgot to mention it in my original post.

I have the same issue on my Samsung Galaxy S4.  Is this a Spotify/Galaxy problem?

Are you playing back through the phone speakers or headphones?

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Both in headphones and speakers gives me the same problem. The problem, however, seems to have fixed itself. I've left the thread open in case others have the same problem.

Suggested posts