Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Stop showing podcast at the top of my Home page.

Stop showing podcast at the top of my Home page.

Plan

Premium

Country

USA

Device

Samsung Galaxy S8

Operating System

Android 9

My Question or Issue

Unwanted podcast at top of my homepage. 

130 Replies

How about you, the person being paid to message on this, go ahead and pass it along. I, the person paying for this, is outta patience.

Chipping in to say this is a problem for me and my friends too. Currently, 2/3rds of my home page is JUST podcasts. I actually listen to a couple podcasts on spotify, and even I think that's annoying! It's way too much!

I used to be able to use my homepage to explore new albums and playlists. Now it's basically just an ugly tumor I don't even touch any more. I don't want to know about 100s of C grade gaming and horror podcasts. I wanna listen to music. Spotify better get their act together with how much money they're raking in, seriously.

I'm also suffering from this. I listen to podcasts at night and follow about 8 or 9 of them. Considering I only listen to music in the morning at work if I'm not on my computer, my entire page is completely flooded with podcasts and podcasts recommendations. At this point, there is actually not a single piece of music listed on the entire page. My only option is to search for Daily Mix or a band I prefer. It is infuriating. And it needs to be changed, or else.

Edit: They did still make sure to get a giant Michelle Obama banner and some other completely unrelated political-type recommendations in there though. Those need to be burned with fire.

Hey folks! 

Welcome to the Community and thanks for reaching out.

We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback and screenshots on this. 

We have an existing idea about being able to customize your home screen here. We'd recommend leaving a +Vote to support it.

As a heads-up, it's good to know that the higher the number of votes an idea gets, the more likely it is for the idea to be implemented

If you're interested in how ideas work and how your feedback reaches the right teams here, check this page out.

Let us know if there's anything else we can do for you. We'd be happy to help.

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi, 

the proposed solution your answered linked is a bit older than 2 years. Even though I replied on that thread, i will like to reply to this one too as it is relevant to Podcast recommendations. 

I listen to a lot of podcast from 10am to 6pm. yet, I DO NOT WANT A SINGLE PODCAST RECOMMENDATION. I DO want music recommendations. 

First, I look forward for MUSIC recommendations usually in the morning when I am exercising and just want something to play on the background, or at night when cooking or in a road trip. That's when recommendations are great! you look into different stuff, and can move forward until you find the tone and mood you are looking for.

My second point, recommendation for podcast are really hard! following a recommendation for a song or playlist you are only investing a couple of minutes, tops. A podcast, in order to form an opinion, you will have to invest at least 15 minutes. I personally will not follow any podcast recommendations from an algorithm. The recommendations I will follow are from other podcast I listen too, or people I find interesting. I really don't want to invest so much time just to try something like that. 

this is just my thoughts, but it seems like an issue a lot of people are having with podcast recommendations. 

I will also add to this. Do not listen to podcasts at all would love an option to turn it off. 

Being Premium for like 4 years now I feel the same way as others here I think this is intrusive and not having an option to turn it off if bothering me quite a bit lately.

Please please please fix this. My Home Screen is full of podcasts. I don’t listen to podcasts. I don’t want podcast recommendations. This suuuuuuuucks.

I have the exact same issue.. Spotify please fix this!

I found this section not only a waste of space, but also very offensive.

I am a premium subscriber and should be provided with an ad free experience.

Also look at the suggested podcast content - 

- Learn Chinese!

- Learn Korean!

- Learn English!

- Toddler stories!

Why is a song streaming service trying to figure our my ethnicity, language proficiency, and marital/parental status?

Bottom line, please take this away.

Screen Shot 2020-12-21 at 12.28.52 AM.png

im switching to apple music if this is not fixed

I fully support what everyone else here has written.

Trying out the music recommendations is a big part of what I do on Spotify, now I hardly get any that interest me as everything is cluttered by podcasts.

A simple "don't show podcast recommendations" option should do the trick for most people.

Shouldn't be hard to implement, you wouldn't have to change the algorithm behind it and people who want to get podcast recommendations would still get them.

I could not agree more.  Spotify routinely shows/suggests all sorts of things in which I have no interest.  They prevent me from finding what I really want to listen too and make the product far less accessible than iTunes which is intuitive.  Also, it is maddening that the home page changes constantly and is totally different between platforms.  I urge Spotify to eliminate these things, and make the home page something I can set and forget.  It should survive between my phone/ipad/desktop.

The ability to remove podcasts from the Home screen should have been implemented by now. It's a simple requirement. Why was it overlooked in the first place, or was it left out deliberately? Reflects very poorly on Spotify.

Why?! Spotify should know, that I don't listen to podcasts! I listen almost 100% only music- why is this the first thing that is showing up to me when I start the desktop application?! (Linux / Ubuntu desktop btw)

We are not paying for ads- that's why we are paying you! 😞

002.png

Hey there folks,

Thank you for your posts and feedback.

We're always testing things by adding or removing features to make Spotify better overall and we’re constantly aiming to improve our features. We’re sorry that this means you’re not able to use Spotify like you wish to do at the moment.

In the meantime we suggest that you head over to this idea that @Elena provided. You can leave a +VOTE and Subscribe to the thread for any updates.

Once again - thanks for the feedback, we appreciate it. Let us know if we can help you with anything else. 

Take care!

JeremyModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

• They are not the same things. We don't need an entire feature for customizing homepage. We just want the app to not intrusively push content we are not interested in (random podcasts, music genre we never listen to). You are trying to avoid fixing a simple fundamental problem by making it into part of something much larger that is optional. 

because podcasts are a way to make money for spotify. it's sponsored content and that is the reason they added it to the homescreen and you can't remove it, just like you can't remove ads on websites. (without 3rd party tools)

at least premium users should be able to remove it and personalize the home screen in any way like they want to. but seeing the spotify apps, the devs may not be the best or they just don't care. so i doubt something will change.

I listened to one episode of this podcast once and now Spotify has been suggesting me similar podcasts ever since. Not only that it has pinned the podcast to the top of the Home Screen and wouldn’t remove it even though I listened to it 2 weeks ago and never after that. I have listened to other music and podcasts more often then that but they seem to not appear but instead Spotify is just sticking with that one political podcast.

Hi there @Hnakxr and @spooky_alien,

Thank you for your replies in this thread.

There's an idea about disable/hide podcasts - [All Platforms][Podcasts] Option to disable or hide podcasts entirely. If you'd like to, you can leave a +VOTE and Subscribe to the thread.

If you have any more specific idea on how we can improve the app and you think your suggestion will appeal to other users you can always create an idea on the relevant idea board. We always take new ideas and feedback into consideration to improve the app. 

Let us know if we can help you with anything else.

Take care!

JeremyModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

thanks, we will vote for it!

Suggested posts