Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Syncing and phone memory

Syncing and phone memory

So, when I 'sync', these files are actually being downloaded to my phone and taking up memory, right? If I 'unsync' them are they removed from my phone? If not, how can I fee up the space again after I no longer listen to these files? I use an HTC  One. 

5 Replies

Hi, and welcome to the community!

Correct. When you sync songs, they are stored as files on your phone. As it is android, when you unsync the playlist/tracks, they will be deleted from your phone. I believe there is also a clear cache option in android to remove all the synced files. If you cant find it and want to, a reinstall removes the files.

Anthony 🙂

This post was by Taylor - I do not work for Spotify!
If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution! If you like my post - Please add Kudos!
||  Spotify Profile - Taylor   |  Feel free to PM me - Here  ||

When you say re-instal, you mean a reinstall of Spotify? 

Thanks for your help!

Hi,

Indeed, reinstall the Spotify app. To make sure it gets deleted properly, you can go to settings, then get to manage applications (sometimes varies), find Spotify, and uninstall it from there.

Anthony 🙂

This post was by Taylor - I do not work for Spotify!
If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution! If you like my post - Please add Kudos!
||  Spotify Profile - Taylor   |  Feel free to PM me - Here  ||

I understand how this is supposed to work. However I had approixmetely 12 GB of music on my phone. After clearying the cache and reinstalling spotify I did not get those 12 GB back. Furthmore I cannot locate the files to delete on my phone.

Could you be a bit more specific - how much space was freed when you cleared the cache? Where was the cache - internal storage or on the external SD card?

There are two folders used by spotify. One for the various app settings and the other for the cache itself. If they still exist, this post explains where to find them.

Suggested posts