Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

The Track is Not Available, help?

The Track is Not Available, help?

Hi,

So I've been a Spotify Premium user for probably over a year now, with a valid, unexpired debit card paying the subscription fee monthly.

I've never had a problem with the Spotify Android app, but recently, ever since I reinstalled the app, I've been having some trouble.

With most of the music I download to the phone, it plays the first couple of seconds of the song, then the song abruptly stops, and a small notice shows up, saying "The Track is Not Available".  The region set on the phone is United States, I've tried clearing the cache, logging out and logging back in, even reinstallign the app again, and nothing as worked to remedy this issue.  It has no problem streaming music though, and Spotify on my laptop and desktop have no issues whatsoever.  Has anybody else encountered the problem before, and if so, what have you done to fix it? Any help would be appreciated 🙂

EDIT: Some possibly useful info:

Offline Mode: Off

Private Session: Off

Show on Facebook: Off

Device Broadcast Status: On

Audio Effects: DSP Manager

Streaming/Download Quality: Extreme

Gapless: On

Last FM: None

Version: 0.6.6.270

Android Stats:

Phone: Droid Razr Maxx HD

Rooted: Yes

System Version: 9.16.6.XT926.Verizon.EnUS

Android Version: 4.1.2

6 Replies

This is only happening on downloaded tracks?

The only thing I can think of is that the downloaded track is corrupt in some way. As you are rooted, please could you delete the Spotify cache folder (the one with all the encrypted tracks, it may be on your SD card or it may be in the Spotify data directory).

Liam

Hi,

Thanks for your advice, but unfortunately, it didnt work 😞

Hey there.

I'm sorry to hear you have some problems with your phone.

Can you please re-install Spotify app and check if that works better?

hey guys! i am having the same exact issue as MrParkinson...was there ever a fix? my workout playlist used to work fine but now most of the songs only play for a few seconds before stopping and dating they aren't available. i know it's not true because when i search for the song it's definitely still there and playable, just not in my playlist...do i need to redo all my playlists after a certain time?

@kristennc - Its a bit of a pain, but a reinstallation of the app (and resyncing offline content if offline) should fix it for you. 

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

thanks for your help, Peter...unfortunately this did not work. I re-installed the app twice, even deleted all my playlists and started from scratch but am still having the same issues. If I can't get a fix to this soon I'm going to have to consider unsubscribing. 

Has anyone on this thread got a fix for me? Again it's only certain tracks, they play for 20 or so seconds before I get the error message and it just moves on to the next track or just stops completely. This is on downloaded playlists as well as ones that aren't. 

Suggested posts