Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

This Song Is Not Available

Solved!

This Song Is Not Available

Hello,

I am a premium use for about 3 years now and I have never had any issues with Spotify on my Android until about a week or two ago. Now it constantly stops in the playlists and it constatnly says "Song is not available" when I know it is, even if it is downloaded and in offline mode! I can play all the same songs on my desktop, but my phone won't play anything!

For example, I will have a playlist of about 45 songs from all different artists and such. It would always play all the songs and all of them are on Spotify and available. So I hit shuffle and of the 45 songs it will play maybe 7. So when I check why it did not play all the other songs, it says "This song is not available". I have whole albums in my saved folder that are "not avialable" according to the Spotify app....

What is going on? I downloaded Pandora, but I really don't want to cancel Spotify....Please help!

Also, I have a Samsung S7 Edge with Android Version 6.0.1

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

I had a similar issue, all songs said not available, yet played on my computer (i have premium). I managed to correct it by connecting to wifi to stream music. After disconnecting from wifi, mobile data was then able to stream again for some reason. 

Another possible fix was that I set a song that wasn't playing to download, then cancelled it after it started (with wifi).

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

had the same problem here on windows. After reinstalling rebooting etc and talking to customer support (which was great btw), solved the issue. It seemed to be a driver issue, after reinstalling the driver all worked again.

View solution in original post

59 Replies

Anything? This is getting really annoying....

The update yesterday did help slightly, but now it is saying this song not available on almost anything that is not downloaded onto my phone for offline mode. Playlists still continuously pause after a song or two... 

Any help with this devs?

Hi,

I read somewhere that it might has to do with the streaming or download quality. Check if changing that in the Settings area helps.

Also I read that maybe cleaning cache and uninstalling/reinstalling the app could help. Let us know how did it go.

Greetings 🙂

So I did the complete clear cache and saved and uninstalled all spotify apps/info off of my phone. It worked for about 4 hours, then it went back to saying this song is not available on anything that I didn't download directly onto my phone.

Thanks for the help though! Still trying to work this out......Anyone else care to help?

Can you check that Spotify is not being hampered by the power saver in your phone settings? I hear some Samsung users have had random issues due to the power saving feature causing Spotify to not work properly.

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

I just tried that and it did not help out.

Usually a clean install is the first step to take and resolves most of the usual issues; the guide details the steps to take to ensure a full 'clean installation' is achieved - This includes checking redundant folders and a REBOOT!

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
Spotify Android Version History
Marked as solution

I had a similar issue, all songs said not available, yet played on my computer (i have premium). I managed to correct it by connecting to wifi to stream music. After disconnecting from wifi, mobile data was then able to stream again for some reason. 

Another possible fix was that I set a song that wasn't playing to download, then cancelled it after it started (with wifi).

This worked for me right away! Thanks. Hopefully it keeps working.

FIXED!!!!Android Samsung S7!!!!!!!

-Closed all Apps

-Cleared Cache from Application Manager on phone (clicking Storage > Clear Cache)

-Uninstalled

-Rebooted

-Reinstalled (Did not open or log in)

-Logged into account on Computer > Offline Devices > Cleared all devices

-Opened APP on Samsung GS7

-Logged in and could play songs that previously could not

I have kinda that Same problem all like all local files music I have synced all in my Playlist always says "this song is not available" and it only happens when that app updates. So I have to delete all of them and reinstall every time.

That worked for me thanks.

Me too

Same for me. Wifi off, stream, wifi on again... its working

Literally nothing is working for me with this. I have an album that is not available in spotify. I have it on iTunes from my desktop and would like to have it available to listen to on my spotify where I use it most often - on my phone.

Every time I try to download it on spotify mobile I get the same response "Waiting to download".

If I try to play the song I receive another message "This song is not available". Very frustrating. 

Hey @Goblintacos of course you'll get "This song is not available" until you have actually synced those local files to your mobile device. The "Waiting to download" message indicates that your desktop spotify isn't communicating with your mobile spotify.

Common fixes are to either disable or add exceptions to any firewalls or internet security programmes running on your PC. I assume you are aware that both devices must be on the same network. It is also a good idea to check that UPnP is enabled on your router. If you still have problems, I suggest you start a new thread with a link to this one to avoid confusion.

THANK YOU. This is what worked for me.

I just had the same issue.

I turned off the wifi and left my mobile data on, the song then played.  I then turned the wifi back on and now there is no issue.  All the songs that we unable to be played are now playing.

Let's hope an upcomming update will sort this...

same issue here. music keeps stopping after a couole songs... it keeps popping up with "this song/episode is not available" and it's very irritating. i have even factory reset my phone and it hasnt gone away....its a bug in the app i believe. hopefully they fix this soon or i may just have to go back to SOUNDCLOUD. *shiver* i have a samsung note 5.

Suggested posts