Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Undowloading local files when switching to mobile data

Solved!

Undowloading local files when switching to mobile data

As the title says I've downloaded the local files from desktop that I put in in a playlist. When I switch to mobile data, the local files grey out/are undownloaded. The app also refuses to download the local files using mobile data.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

I can download the local files over Wi-Fi and the version is 8.4.63.584

Also your suggestion did the trick. I exited and closed the app, turned airplane mode on and off, turn mobile data back on and when I checked, the local files miraculously haven't greyed out/undownloaded.

Thanks for the help!

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Can you download your files over wifi?  I have a very similar problem, but don't have mobile data at the moment.

If you can download via wifi, please see if you can playback your files in "airplane mode" as a temporary workaround.  I think we're seeing the same problem with slightly different symptoms.

Also, can you go into your Settings -> Apps -> Spotify and determine what version of Spotify you are running?

Marked as solution

I can download the local files over Wi-Fi and the version is 8.4.63.584

Also your suggestion did the trick. I exited and closed the app, turned airplane mode on and off, turn mobile data back on and when I checked, the local files miraculously haven't greyed out/undownloaded.

Thanks for the help!

You're welcome.  Mark the solution if it worked so others can verify it works for them too.

Suggested posts