Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Very slow download

Very slow download

Hello, I am using spotify premium for 2 months now and i never had problems when it comes to downloading music (cept those unavailable ones). Now after updating my spotify app to the lastest version through playstore i noticed how slow my downloads have become. These 9 files isn't finished yet and it's almost 15 minutes since i started the download -_-.

I am using Android phone. Updated to the latest firmware.

Thanks for the answers.

Screenshot_20180915-155702.jpg
4 Replies

Hey @AdamFenriart, and welcome to the community.

Hope you're doing great!

Could you try restarting your device? If that doesn't help, try a quick clean reinstall of the app. Just follow these steps. Additionally, I'd recommend trying another internet connection to see if that makes a difference.

If you're still having trouble, could you let me know the exact version of Spotify and the exact version of the operating system you're running? You can also send me a screenshot if any error messages are being shown.

I'll see what I can suggest next!

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hi..

I had this problems like 3 months ago.. maybe you can try restart your device.. if it doesn't work go to settings - application - spotify - clear the spotify data.. if it still doesn't work try uninstall the app and reinstall it.. if your problem still unsolved try contact the support or customer service.. Hope my answers will help you fix your problem.. Have a nice day!

This isn't a new issue as i've faced it in 2020,2021 and now in 2022 i have to wait around 3 hours to download my playlists on my new phone which is around 3500 songs. Given that spotify is actively adding a wait period after 100 or so songs for premium customers in the bay area is baffling. how abt that hi-res audio coming in the future at some point. i've been waiting around for a year instead of moving on to another service as the algorithm for artist radio playlists is really good. i implore spotify management to prioritize basic needs before catering add ons like podcasts and audiobooks.

It's 2024 and I face the same issue. It downloaded 1000 songs out 2000 in 20 minutes and then became slow as a snail. 

Suggested posts