Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

What quality is downloaded when one has different quality settings for streaming and offline mode?

Solved!

What quality is downloaded when one has different quality settings for streaming and offline mode?

Let's say you have the following quality settings and that you right now are NOT on wifi:

- Streaming: normal

- Offline: extreme

Then you add a new track to a playlist that is available offline. Since I only have syncing over wifi, it doesn't download the track, fine.

However, if I play the song, it will then show the track as downloaded. Since I have different settings for streaming and offline mode it is unclear what quality was downloaded? Is it normal or extreme?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey there.

Thanks for your kind input.

It will be 320 kbps. Every track you have on some playlist/library as Offline, it will use download settings, in your case 320 kbps. Even if you stream it or have in another playlist. Please note Offlined track will not use any data, even if you are in Online mode.

I hope this helps.

Have a nice day and kind regards,

Jyrziu xd

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey there.

Thanks for your kind input.

It will be 320 kbps. Every track you have on some playlist/library as Offline, it will use download settings, in your case 320 kbps. Even if you stream it or have in another playlist. Please note Offlined track will not use any data, even if you are in Online mode.

I hope this helps.

Have a nice day and kind regards,

Jyrziu xd

Thank you very much for the quick and informative reply!

Also, it was the answer I was hoping for.

All the best,

I'm so glad it helped.

Happy Spotifying!

Suggested posts