Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Widget/Buttons Not working

Widget/Buttons Not working

I have an android phone with the latest version of Spotify on it. When I am in the lock screen and the Spotify widget shows, I cannot advance to the next song or go back. Only the pause/play button works. Also, from the home screen if i pull down the top menu bar only the pause/play button works there. Next or previous buttons are not working unless I am in the actual app itself.

Has anyone run into this issue or is this new? Any solutions?

9 Replies

I am having the same problem (stock Android Moto X Play Android 6.0.1).

• Interestingly, the pause/play button works from the notification widget on the phone, but not on Android wear (Moto 360 v2). The next/previous song buttons do not work on either the phone notification or Android wear.
  • Previously, when I unplugged the headphones or got a phone call, Spotify would stop automatically. Now however it keeps playing (which is especially annoying when I get phone calls while listening to music).
  •  I have tried disabling/reenabling Spotify notifcations, rebooting the phone, and uninstalling/reinstalling Spotify. Neither of these have worked.

I'm having same issues. Also my Bluetooth headphone's (bose) or speaker's control buttons doesn't work either. Tried to unistall the app and factory reset headphone and speaker but it didn't resolve problems.

Everything worked perfectly before last update so it seems that they changed something on last update what broke all controls. Hopefully this issue will be resolved soon.

Same issues here, neither the home or lock screen widgets change music, and the music continues to play after removing headphones.
I'm using a Galaxy S7, with the newest version of Android and Spotify. The problem has persisted through multiple factory resets (for an unrelated issue) and is still there after swapping phones.
It would seem the two issues are related and were brought on by the most recent update.
Glad to see it isn't just me though. Hopefully this is resolved soon, it's really annoying to have to unlock my phone and open the app to skip/stop/play music.

Same here on S7 edge, widget won't even play or pause for me. Only clicking the album art to open the app works. Most of the time the playback notification doesn't show up either.

Also having the same issues with music continuing to play when I unplug headphones, disconnect from Bluetooth, or take phone calls (it literally keeps playing in the background while I'm talking -- this is especially frustrating when the notification isn't there and I have no way to stop playback during the call).

Hoping an update comes soon with bug fixes or someone from Spotify can clear up what the issue is and tell us how to change our settings to fix it.

Running all the latest updates to spotify and Android, am having all the same problems as the other folks on this thread.
Hoping for a fix soon.

I'm having the same problem on my LG G4, Android 6.0.

The homescreen widget does not show the song but is empty instead, the lockscreen also doesn't show the app is playing music. I cannot control the app via Bluetooth audio controls (car or speaker).

I already resetted my phone to factory defaults which did not work either.

Samsung Galaxy S7 Exynos, 6.0.1, same problem here. Previous and Next buttons stop working on notification and widget and music continues playing if headphones are unplugged. The problem is not constant, after reboot it works correctly for some time. Any other buttons do work, like thumbs up/down on song radio.

Same problem here. Lenovo K5

I'm having the same issues here. The lock screen widget won't work at all, and when using Spotify on Bluetooth in the car I can't skip songs.  (Galaxy S8 with the latest versions) Hopefully a fix will be forthcoming for this annoying issue!

Suggested posts