“Your Library” Change

Re: %2��Your Library%2�� Change

ABCDE1973
Music Fan
Thank you for your comments.
I understand the need to develop and try new ideas. However, it is quite clear from the number of comments and threads on this topic that there's updates were hugely unpopular.
May I suggest that in future you ask a sample of your users to test an update and give their honest feedback before changes are just rolled out to all users against their will?

Re: “Your Library” Change

robmayne

This change is a total joke, the way i could like artists songs and then play the collection of liked songs in my artists page was the main reason why i've enjoyed spotify.  Removing that feature to try and force your users to dig through artists catalogs again and make new playlists is counter productive, not to mention that it would overflow the playlist menu.  Removing functional features and making changes for the sake of job security for designers and software engineers is not a great idea.

Agnewchris

This update is ruining my life, all i want is to be able to cycle through the artists i have previously saved alphabetically. spent years building that list. 

is this a case of an executive who is a sociopath and only wants more money with a dumb idea, but everyone fears them cause they're a sociopath so they don't want to tell them what a dumb person they are so somehow they actually make this change? 

GioinDC
Casual Listener

I’m not happy AT ALL that all of the artists and songs I selected are no longer listed in an easy to find format.

The new listing format is horrible!!  And I spent months identifying and saving just the songs I liked from selected artists and in one fell swoop your programmers wiped out my lists!

And no, I don’t want to scroll thru 6000 songs in Liked Songs to play my favorites from an artist I suggested. It’s stupid and I’m thinking about canceling my subscription  and selling my Spotify stock. 

Whatever was the motivation for messing over longtime fans and heavy users of Spotify ... was stupid and the old indexes (and easy sorting and selection options) need to be restored. 

apos11111
Casual Listener

My Artists no longer in alphabetical order. I am **bleep**.. Spotify AI now decides on my behalf what artist to listen to. "We are recommending this artist to you". From my own list of artists! Let's find a solution for a problem that doesn't exist! Great.... Why couldn't you simply add this new super duper feature WITHOUT removing the humble alphabetical order?

Maggiejoe
Casual Listener

My "liked songs" does NOT contain all songs I've downloaded. In fact it contains sons that I've never heard of and certainly didn't download. I tried the filter--doesn't work. Says "you have filters set which may hide some results". Under that is an option to remove filters. That just takes me back to the liked songs playlist! Very disappointing. 

tebruno99

Completely tone deaf reply from Spotify. I'm out. Already cancelled.

apos11111
Casual Listener

Update: As said, Spotify one day decided that I must now have my massive list of artists totally unsorted. Next to each artist there was this "Follow" button. I must have about 1500 artists saved on my phone, so had to press Follow 1500 times to put the Artists back in alphabetical order. So to put artists back in alphabetical order you have to "Follow" them! Doh..... And was that all my artists? Were some artists missed? No idea....

My thumb now hurts... And what ON EARTH does "Follow" mean? No idea..... I just want to listen to my music man, I don't want to "Follow" anybody! Jeez....

fabiozilberman
Casual Listener

Our claim WORKED!!!!!

Spotify rolledback to previous Artists and Albums interfaces!!!

Now we can access our downloaded music for every Artist in its page again!!!

Thanks for all that helped with this topic.

Fabio

gslayman
Music Fan

Thanks for listening Spotify. Well done.

SUGGESTED POSTS