Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • ThomasWYale
  • Visitor
  • 64 replies
  • 25 likes
  • 64 replies
  • 25 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Suggested Songs

I'm trying to listen to a specific album, and I don't mind that it's shuffled, or that ads play every now and then, but what I do find incredibly bothersome and unappealing about this app is that, recently, it keeps playing unending strings of "sugge...

• Casual Listener
  • I'm trying to listen to a specific album, and I don't mind that it's shuffled, or that ads play every now and then, but what I do find incredibly bothersome and unappealing about this app is that, re...
  • tjones17
  • Gig Goer
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes

Play mp3 files on my mobile phone

I have added a couple of mp3 files to one of my playlists and while they can be played in the desktop version I'm still having trouble getting them to play on my mobile (the songs are greyed out right now). The files are on the phone too of course, b...

• Casual Listener
  • I have added a couple of mp3 files to one of my playlists and while they can be played in the desktop version I'm still having trouble getting them to play on my mobile (the songs are greyed out righ...
  • HoneySue
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Por qué no puedo ver lo que escuchan mis amigos en tiempo real?

No puedo observar lo que mis amigos escuchan en tiempo real, ni desde mi tablet ni desde el celular. Alguien sabe como resolverlo?

• Casual Listener
  • No puedo observar lo que mis amigos escuchan en tiempo real, ni desde mi tablet ni desde el celular. Alguien sabe como resolverlo?
  • padd20OmG
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! Spotify lost my playlist

Hi, spotify (probably) lost my playlist and I would like to have it back. What can I do?

• Casual Listener
  • Hi, spotify (probably) lost my playlist and I would like to have it back. What can I do?
  • mzwagemakers
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! I can't login anymore

I can't login anymore neither with Facebook nor password/email. I uninstalled reinstalled but that didn't work. The error i getbis Invalid username/ passwordSamsung s6 on marshmallow

• Roadie
  • I can't login anymore neither with Facebook nor password/email. I uninstalled reinstalled but that didn't work. The error i getbis Invalid username/ password Samsung s6 on marshmallow
  • tinalbutlergb
  • 9 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Login problems android
  • 9 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! Spotify doesn't recognize device as tablet

I am using Spotify on the tablet that came with my 2016 Vizio M-Series Smart TV. It only allows shuffle play like it would on phones. How do I get this fixed/report to Spotify devs?

• I am using Spotify on the tablet that came with my 2016 Vizio M-Series Smart TV. It only allows shuffle play like it would on phones. How do I get this fixed/report to Spotify devs?
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

App crashing too often

I can't stand it anymore. When I listen to an album the app crashes 3-5 times. It's horrible. It destroys the whole atmosphere and emotion of listenning to a song/album. I'm a premium user and I want a solution for this. I already reinstalled it, reb...

• I can't stand it anymore. When I listen to an album the app crashes 3-5 times. It's horrible. It destroys the whole atmosphere and emotion of listenning to a song/album. I'm a premium user and I want...
  • Knyaf
  • Roadie
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

"This song is not available"

I have premium and I'm having problems playing music I haven't downloaded. I have Internet and WiFiPlease help

• I have premium and I'm having problems playing music I haven't downloaded. I have Internet and WiFi Please help
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

songs ( offline) remove from playlist

Hi,I'm on the vacations and i don't have good internet, that's why i bought spotify premium. Today songs (which were downloaded) removed out from the playlist and i cant listen songs off-line. I've get a little angry... Plz help. Sorry for my English...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi, I'm on the vacations and i don't have good internet, that's why i bought spotify premium. Today songs (which were downloaded) removed out from the playlist and i cant listen songs off-line. I've...
  • jakub69
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Streaming to another Music player

Hello,recently I downloaded a music player and couldn't figure out how to sync it to my spotify account. Is there any way possible to do that? Sincerely, Jeremy

• Casual Listener
  • Hello,recently I downloaded a music player and couldn't figure out how to sync it to my spotify account. Is there any way possible to do that? Sincerely, Jeremy
  • jeoffrey_jimena
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify stops playning after every song

HiI have i problem whit all my androids units (Samung Galaxy s5 and Samsung Galaxy Tab s2). Spotify stops playning after every song even though I have shuffel activated. I have already tried to reinstalled the app several times and emtyed cache, but ...

• Hi I have i problem whit all my androids units (Samung Galaxy s5 and Samsung Galaxy Tab s2). Spotify stops playning after every song even though I have shuffel activated. I have already tried t...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Can i save music to external sd card??

Hi all, i have an s5 with a 32 gb sd card, the options to switch between memory source are on the settings but i cant dowload music onto sd card so naturally my internal storage is filled to the brim. Is this another to good to be true????

• Hi all, i have an s5 with a 32 gb sd card, the options to switch between memory source are on the settings but i cant dowload music onto sd card so naturally my internal storage is filled to the brim...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Unable to find settings

I tapped on home,browse,search,radio and library could not find settings button on the top right corner

• I tapped on home,browse,search,radio and library could not find settings button on the top right corner
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

my app won't download

It just says."go to settings to download using cellular"And I have a 3g connection and the download using cellular button is on toIf anyone could be of some help???

• Casual Listener
  • It just says."go to settings to download using cellular" And I have a 3g connection and the download using cellular button is on to If anyone could be of some help???
  • bwhiz
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • downloads issues
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify doesn't stream to Chromecast anymore

Hi guys!Maybe you can help me: my Samsung s4 mini worked very well together with severeal Chromecast Audio devices. But now it doesen't stream the music from Spotify anymore. The devices are all shown in the list, the sound, that the connection is es...

• Hi guys! Maybe you can help me: my Samsung s4 mini worked very well together with severeal Chromecast Audio devices. But now it doesen't stream the music from Spotify anymore. The devices are all sh...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

THESE CONNECTION ISSUES, ARE YOU SERIOUS???

I'm seriously fed up with the absolutely ridiculous login times. I've tried every single troubleshooting guide in this forum and beyond to fix the problem, but without success. I've even gone as far as replacing my Note4 with an S7 Edge and a brand n...

• Visitor
  • I'm seriously fed up with the absolutely ridiculous login times. I've tried every single troubleshooting guide in this forum and beyond to fix the problem, but without success. I've even gone as far ...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Connectivity
    Login Errors
    Login problems android
    login time
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Fix To Blank Screen

Hey All, I too was having this issue. I was about to break my phone in two and cancel my subscription. I REALLY hate that I have to be tech genius to work simple things on my phone. And im not implying that I am a tech genius, just get so annoyed wit...

• Casual Listener
  • Hey All,   I too was having this issue. I was about to break my phone in two and cancel my subscription. I REALLY hate that I have to be tech genius to work simple things on my phone. And im...
  • leilanipolk
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Lock screen and review pane player not working

Neither the Lock Screen or Review Pane Players are working on my galaxy s6. I am running a Spotify premium account. Would be grateful of your help as it is driving me mad!!!Thanks v much.

• Neither the Lock Screen or Review Pane Players are working on my galaxy s6. I am running a Spotify premium account. Would be grateful of your help as it is driving me mad!!! Thanks v much.
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Keep getting "Upgrade now!" message when I hit shuffle

I've been using spotify free on android since August and I've been using it on my laptop since for years. Never had any problems with either. This morning I went to use it on mobile and when I hit shuffle play, like I always do, a message popped up s...

• Casual Listener
  • I've been using spotify free on android since August and I've been using it on my laptop since for years. Never had any problems with either. This morning I went to use it on mobile and when I hit sh...
  • kute102fm
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Songs no longer show as downloaded after re-mounting SD card - files still on sd card

Hello all, I've got a problem with my downloaded/offline files on spotify.I have a spotify premium account and for the vacation I set about 3000 songs to offline via spotify. Those files are downloaded to the SD card of my android phone. However, aft...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello all,   I've got a problem with my downloaded/offline files on spotify. I have a spotify premium account and for the vacation I set about 3000 songs to offline via spotify. Those files a...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes