Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • ThomasWYale
  • Visitor
  • 64 replies
  • 25 likes
  • 64 replies
  • 25 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Playlist sorting on Galaxy Watch

PlanPremiumCountryUSA DeviceSamsung Watch My Question or Issue Just got the Samsung Galaxy Watch specifically for offline Spotify music. But I can't organize how my songs are listed (artist, song title, etc.). Am I missing a setting somewhere? This s...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country USA    Device Samsung Watch   My Question or Issue  Just got the Samsung Galaxy Watch specifically for offline Spotify music. But I can't organize ho...
  • Wkp82
  • Regular
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes

Superuser Contribution Podcasts won't load at all when offline.

Plan PremiumDeviceSamsung Galaxy S8 plusMy Question or IssueEverytime I'm offline and I try to access the podcasts page it never loads. Yes I have downloaded the podcasts for offline use. Doesn't matter at all when I'm offline none of the podcasts or...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Device Samsung Galaxy S8 plus My Question or Issue Everytime I'm offline and I try to access the podcasts page it never loads. Yes I have downloaded the podcasts for offline use...
  • Jemi
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution all offline song gone when I restat my phone

All offline song gone when I restart my phone yesterday.How can I get it back ? Those song have been save on my sd card. PlanPremium Operating System Android

• All offline song gone when I restart my phone yesterday. How can I get it back ? Those song have been save on my sd card.   Plan Premium   Operating System  Android  
  • Katerina
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Song artworks not showing on Instagram story

Plan PremiumCountry FranceDevice AnyOperating System Android 8.0, iOS 12.1 Hello, I have noticed that when I want to share a song, artist or album (tested all these out before posting here) as an Instagram story, the generated story only displays a g...

• Regular
  •   Plan Premium Country France Device Any Operating System Android 8.0, iOS 12.1    Hello, I have noticed that when I want to share a song, artist or album (te...
  • Katerina
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Android casting through Chromecast problems

PlanPremiumCountryAustralia Device Operating System My Question or IssueFirst, where is the board for casting? Second, when casting From my android phone I’m often disconnected or other sync problems. People complain many times about this but I see n...

•   Plan Premium Country Australia   Device   Operating System   My Question or Issue First, where is the board for casting?   Second, when casting From my android...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Samsung Galaxy Watch / Tizen Spotify Playback

PlanPremiumCountryAustraliaDevice(Samsung Galaxy WatchOperating SystemTizen My Question or Issue So I've just got a new Samsung Galaxy Watch, & I've come across the playback issue. After using the speaker (via Bixby, a phone call, etc) the Spotify ap...

• Plan Premium Country Australia Device (Samsung Galaxy Watch Operating System Tizen   My Question or Issue  So I've just got a new Samsung Galaxy Watch, & I've come across the ...
  • 0 replies
  • 5 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 5 likes

Widgets

Hello, when I first installed Spotify, the widget was in full screen on the phone's lock screen.how do I get this back? My phone: Xiaomi Redmi 5 Plus

• Hello, when I first installed Spotify, the widget was in full screen on the phone's lock screen.how do I get this back? My phone: Xiaomi Redmi 5 Plus
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Liking a song gone, so is the list of favorites

None of the below information is required. However, the more you provide, the easier it will be for us to try and help.PlanPremiumCountry Reside in the USA, visiting Spain right nowDevicesGoogle Plex 3 and Microsoft Surface Pro 5Operating SystemAndro...

• None of the below information is required. However, the more you provide, the easier it will be for us to try and help. Plan Premium Country  Reside in the USA, visiting Spain right now Dev...
  • Katerina
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution I can see a song that I'm looking for but i can't listen it...

I realized that when my friend told me to check out one song. I searched for it and i didn't find it. Then i looked for it on Google and i found a link to that song on Spotify. I saw that song in album i looked in before... The title of song was grey...

• I realized that when my friend told me to check out one song. I searched for it and i didn't find it. Then i looked for it on Google and i found a link to that song on Spotify. I saw that song in alb...
  • Jemi
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Regional restrictions?

Does Deadmau5 ban HongKong?It was fine last week and now some of the music especially the music I like and add to the playlist are lockup whether is old/new .

• Casual Listener
  • Does Deadmau5 ban HongKong?It was fine last week and now some of the music especially the music I like and add to the playlist are lockup whether is old/new .  
  • Jemi
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution App doesn't work at all

PlanPremiumCountryRomaniaDeviceSony xperia xa 2Operating SystemAndroid Oreo It all started last evening, the app stopped working mid-playlist and since then I haven't been able to get it to function properly. When I open it, all I can see is a black ...

• Plan Premium Country Romania Device Sony xperia xa 2 Operating System Android Oreo   It all started last evening, the app stopped working mid-playlist and since then I haven't been...
  • Jemi
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Bass Sounds Terrible

i have an iphone 8 with spotify premium and my songs with a louder or more prominent bass sound really bad every time a bass goes off. it sounds completely fine for others and the songs sound perfect on youtube, so it’s not my headphones. please some...

• Casual Listener
  • i have an iphone 8 with spotify premium and my songs with a louder or more prominent bass sound really bad every time a bass goes off. it sounds completely fine for others and the songs sound perfect...
  • Jemi
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Search feature on playlists

PlanPremiumCountry ScotlandDeviceOnePlus 3TOperating SystemAndroid 8 My Question or Issue I no longer have the search feature on my playlists when I scroll up for the search bar it just stops.

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country  Scotland Device OnePlus 3T Operating System Android 8   My Question or Issue  I no longer have the search feature on my playlists when I scroll up for t...
  • rabbit23456
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Songs start playing after watching a video

PlanFreeCountry AustraliaDevice(Samsung Galaxy 8Operating System(Android My Question or Issue I pause a song as I am done listening and exit out of the app. Hours later I might have a video ad pop up in a game I am playing. My media sound is off. The...

• Plan Free Country  Australia Device (Samsung Galaxy 8 Operating System (Android    My Question or Issue  I pause a song as I am done listening and exit out of the app. ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Bug om the new update?

Hello everyone, I'm having problem with my Spotify, when I connect my phone to my car through on Android auto, it wouldn't load up any musics even is downloaded, it displays "no internet connection" I never have this problem before until the new upda...

• Hello everyone, I'm having problem with my Spotify, when I connect my phone to my car through on Android auto, it wouldn't load up any musics even is downloaded, it displays "no internet connection" ...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • android auto
    new update issues
    wouldn't load
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Filtering and Searching Playlists

PlanPremiumCountryUS DeviceSamsung Galaxy 9Operating SystemAndroid Oreo 8.0.0 My Question or Issue Why has the filtering and search playlists gone in to the 3 dot menu? Usually, there's a button you can press to filter or if you scroll all the way to...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country US  Device Samsung Galaxy 9 Operating System Android Oreo 8.0.0   My Question or Issue   Why has the filtering and search playlists gone in to the ...
  • AeroZ
  • Composer
  • 1 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 4 likes

Is the "downloaded" song deleted from my hard disk if I "remove" it from my library?

PlanPremium CountryCanada DeviceMoto G5s Plus, running Spotify app Operating SystemOreo My Question or IssueMy library has a few songs. The library is downloaded, no other song or playlist is downloaded. If I remove a song from my library, is the dow...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium   Country Canada    Device Moto G5s Plus, running Spotify app   Operating System Oreo   My Question or Issue My library has a few songs. The li...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android
    disk
    downloaded
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify not working correctly on my samsung

PlanPremiumCountry USDeviceSamsung Galaxy S9Operating SystemAndroid Oreo My Question or Issue HelloSo I have been using Spotify on my Samsung devices for about 6 months now. I had a Galaxy J7 perx before, and I have always had issues. My issues have ...

• Plan Premium Country  US Device Samsung Galaxy S9 Operating System Android Oreo   My Question or Issue  Hello So I have been using Spotify on my Samsung devices for about 6 ...
  • amarulito
  • 16 replies
  • 11 likes
  • 16 replies
  • 11 likes

Playlist public / secret. Android / Windows App Bug

Hallo, wenn ich auf der Android App eine Playlist auf "veröffentlicht" stelle, wird diese aufder Windows App als "geheim" angezeigt und wenn ich auf Windows auf "geheim" umstelle wird sie auf Android "veröffentlicht" angezeigt.-Hello, if I set a play...

• Regular
  • Hallo, wenn ich auf der Android App eine Playlist auf "veröffentlicht" stelle, wird diese aufder Windows App als "geheim" angezeigt und wenn ich auf Windows auf "geheim" umstelle wird sie auf Android...
  • spotifouser
  • Regular
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Playlist plays first song then something completely unrelated.

PlanPremiumCountry USADevicePixel XL OriginalOperating SystemAndroid 9 (aka Pie) My Question or Issue This just happened. I was playing the playlist "This Is Five Finger Death Punch" and after the first song it would play something COMPLETELY unrelat...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country  USA Device Pixel XL Original Operating System Android 9 (aka Pie)   My Question or Issue  This just happened. I was playing the playlist "This Is Five F...
  • Antagonizing
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes