Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • ThomasWYale
  • Visitor
  • 64 replies
  • 25 likes
  • 64 replies
  • 25 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't delete Spotify Radios

So whenever I listen to a radio, it won't let me delete from my library. Ive tried going to my radio section but that doesn't solve anything, it doesn't list the radios I have in my library so I can't delete them. They don't have the little three dot...

• So whenever I listen to a radio, it won't let me delete from my library. Ive tried going to my radio section but that doesn't solve anything, it doesn't list the radios I have in my library so I can'...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Música más rapida

Hace poco empecé a notar que la música empieza a reproducirse más rápido que lo usual o sea que las canciones aumentaron su velocidad de la nada para algunos puede ser imperceptible pero como suelo escuchar listas de reproducción note que las cancion...

• Hace poco empecé a notar que la música empieza a reproducirse más rápido que lo usual o sea que las canciones aumentaron su velocidad de la nada para algunos puede ser imperceptible pero como suelo e...
  • Akolaztika
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Conection problem with Ford sync

I'm having trouble with bluetoothh connection and ford sync. I can do the pairing and the connection appears for both, but when I play some music the connection has closed immediately. I acessed the details of the bluetooh and the item of music and m...

• Casual Listener
  • I'm having trouble with bluetoothh connection and ford sync. I can do the pairing and the connection appears for both, but when I play some music the connection has closed immediately. I acessed the ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

I'm not allowed to choose my own music?

I dowloaded the app to my Huawei honor 8 lite. Not a premium member. Searched for a specific band to listen to a specific album. Hit shuffle (as there is no play-button), listened to a few minutes of commercial and got to hear one song from the album...

• Casual Listener
  • I dowloaded the app to my Huawei honor 8 lite. Not a premium member. Searched for a specific band to listen to a specific album. Hit shuffle (as there is no play-button), listened to a few minutes of...
  • Beldarna
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Corrupted sd card

I have a 64 SanDisk plus ultra installed on a Moto x running Android 6.0 that was using offline play in Spotify. Card suddenly disappeared in every way on phone and in apps. Was able to back up personal files to computer but NO method of formatting w...

• I have a 64 SanDisk plus ultra installed on a Moto x running Android 6.0 that was using offline play in Spotify. Card suddenly disappeared in every way on phone and in apps. Was able to back up perso...
  • Mistic67
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify connect is garbage

My tv and marantz amp both are connected to my wifi as well as my phone. Both are setup for spotify connect. SPOTIFY CONNECT DECIDES WHEN IT WANTS TO SHOW UP, THIS IS **bleep**ING BULL**bleep**. THIS IS THE 4TH TIME IT DISSAPEARS IN THE DEVICES AVAIL...

• My tv and marantz amp both are connected to my wifi as well as my phone. Both are setup for spotify connect. SPOTIFY CONNECT DECIDES WHEN IT WANTS TO SHOW UP, THIS IS **bleep**ING BULL**bleep**. THIS...
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes

Spotify Extreme, not so extreme

I can't say I'm closely following. So, did Spotify update the storage method?My downloaded 1200~ songs take only about 11gb on extreme quality. Either my phone refuses to download at that quality or they did something with the file sizes.

• Regular
  • I can't say I'm closely following. So, did Spotify update the storage method? My downloaded 1200~ songs take only about 11gb on extreme quality. Either my phone refuses to download at that quality o...
  • borather1
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

"Getting your selection..." message issue in when using Spotify in Android Auto

I noticed that when accessing certain menu items that do not contain any entries such as downloaded playlists in my case, I get the message "Getting your selection..." that never goes away until I back out. This appears to happen whenever I select a ...

• I noticed that when accessing certain menu items that do not contain any entries such as downloaded playlists in my case, I get the message "Getting your selection..." that never goes away until I ba...
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes

Superuser Contribution Can No Longer Skip via Double-click on Earphones

Version 8.4.17.640 armV7Since 2 updates ago my earphones no longer skip songs reliably. With that I mean it may skip one or two, and then stops. If I force-stop the app and restart, it will work again for a limited time and then stop again. I have cl...

• Music Fan
  • Version 8.4.17.640 armV7 Since 2 updates ago my earphones no longer skip songs reliably. With that I mean it may skip one or two, and then stops. If I force-stop the app and restart, it will work ag...
  • SuperSprynt
  • Music Fan
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Version 8.4.17.640 armV7
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

With my new account, can I acess offline music still on my device from previous Spotify account?

I have a lot of offline Spotify music on my phone from a trial account provided by my cell phone provider. As it was cheaper to subscribe directly with Spotify, I signed up for a direct account with them and did not renew my Spotify account with my c...

• I have a lot of offline Spotify music on my phone from a trial account provided by my cell phone provider.  As it was cheaper to subscribe directly with Spotify, I signed up for a direct account...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

can't download the spotify app on my phone

Hello, I have a problem with downloading the spotify app on me phone. I'm from Russia but I live in Chile now and when I'm trying to use the Play store, I have the message "the product is nos available in your country" while all chileans have it. In ...

• Hello,   I have a problem with downloading the spotify app on me phone. I'm from Russia but I live in Chile now and when I'm trying to use the Play store, I have the message "the product is no...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

oiweroiewoiroioiewroieroiewroiquroiproiewqroierioewrioeroiewiooierioewroiewrioewrioewroiewrioewr

oeuroiwqeuroiewuroiewuroifkjdfkjdsahfkjdshkflhjklewoirupoewrpoewrpoewriopewiropewrioewfroifdskjfdsfgfk;djfsklfjkldfjeworewoirioewroiewrioewriojkdfhkajdslfklasfrweroiuweoireowicnmnmvcbz,bvnmcxbvkjdsfhjkdsfjkdshfowierewoiroewiroiewrewioroiewrkldsfklsdf...

• Regular
  • oeuroiwqeuroiewuroiewuroifkjdfkjdsahfkjdshkflhjklewoirupoewrpoewrpoewriopewiropewrioewfroifdskjfdsfgfk;djfsklfjkldfjeworewoirioewroiewrioewriojkdfhkajdslfklasfrweroiuweoireowicnmnmvcbz,bvnmcxbvkjdsfh...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Modo coche

Disculpen, necesito que me ayuden, no me aparece la opcion modo coche en el reproductor, porque sera?

• Disculpen, necesito que me ayuden, no me aparece la opcion modo coche en el reproductor, porque sera?
  • Aalllop
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes

Spotify always on my lock unknown always showing on my lock screen even when everything is shut down

I keep getting Spotify on my lock screen when it's not in use and I make sure the apps even close in my phone I got a Galaxy S8 it shows artist unknown song unknown and it has all the buttons to could play and pause I'm not using it is there a fix fo...

• I keep getting Spotify on my lock screen when it's not in use and I make sure the apps even close in my phone I got a Galaxy S8 it shows artist unknown song unknown and it has all the buttons to coul...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Why are downloads happening when I'm not connected to WiFi?

I have my phone set to only download over WiFi yet sometimes I see it downloading over mobile. Why does it do that? It's taking a large chunk out of my monthly download limit, at times.

• Casual Listener
  • I have my phone set to only download over WiFi yet sometimes I see it downloading over mobile. Why does it do that? It's taking a large chunk out of my monthly download limit, at times.
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify turning off after phonecall

Hello i have a little problem. When i use Spotify on Android Android listen music everything is fine but if someone call me And after this phone call aplication turn off permantly. What i can do to fix that?

• Hello i have a little problem. When i use Spotify on Android Android listen music everything is fine but if someone call me And after this phone call aplication turn off permantly. What i can do to f...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Album is on Spotify but I can't listen to it

Hi, The Paul Weller album Catch Flame live at Alexandra Palace is on Spotify but it's greyed out so I can't listen or download it. Do you know why? Thanks Dan

• Casual Listener
  • Hi,    The Paul Weller album Catch Flame live at Alexandra Palace is on Spotify but it's greyed out so I can't listen or download it. Do you know why?   Thanks   Dan 
  • arsenalspack
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

How to download radio stations?

Hi, I remember I was using nokia mixradio app that automatically created a radio station that I can listen to offline after I mix 3 artists together. I am a premium spotify user so how do I do the equivalent on the spotify app for my androiod phone?

• Regular
  • Hi,   I remember I was using nokia mixradio app that automatically created a radio station that I can listen to offline after I mix 3 artists together.   I am a premium sp...
  • John_Paluska
  • Music Fan
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Behind the Lyrics don't work

I get a new Spotify account one week ago, in my old account, my behind the lyrics was working perfectly but when a changed he's stoped and even with the option turned on, nothing works

• I get a new Spotify account one week ago, in my old account, my behind the lyrics was working perfectly but when a changed he's stoped and even with the option turned on, nothing works
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Music interrupted by other user

Hi all!There is an iOS topic about this, but it's also affecting more people, like me, on Android and I want to bring this issue under attention. What's happening is, I am listening to music in my car for example, and suddenly the music stops.. I loo...

• Music Fan
  • ...nd does not respond to the other topic. How public should this become?   Please investigate this...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes