Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • hnavia
  • Regular
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Lost playlists on new phone

Got a new phone and my playlists are gone. How can I recover them on my new device?

• Got a new phone and my playlists are gone. How can I recover them on my new device?   
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Album Art / Bluetooh / BMW 4 series

Hello there, The metadata of songs I play via Bluetooth transmits without a problem, however, I won't able to see the album art on the screen.. What can be the problem?Thanks

• Casual Listener
  • Hello there,   The metadata of songs I play via Bluetooth transmits without a problem, however, I won't able to see the album art on the screen.. What can be the problem? Thanks
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Logging Into Other Apps

Hi there,I'm having an issue on my samsung s7. With apps such as headspace, I, being a student have multiple spotify accounts (gotta get them free trials) but have finally taken the plungeand got a student spotify membership.However when trying to si...

• Hi there, I'm having an issue on my samsung s7. With apps such as headspace, I, being a student have multiple spotify accounts (gotta get them free trials) but have finally taken the plungeand got a...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Cant make a payment because an error message says that my MasterCard "is having a bad day.."

I want to get Premium 30 days trial and Im adding my card details, but then I continue to receive this message.. there are no problems with my debit card, I checked. I really want to be a Spotify client. Please help me.

• I want to get Premium 30 days trial and Im adding my card details, but then I continue to receive this message.. there are no problems with my debit card, I checked. I really want to be a Spotify cli...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Albums disappearing

A few weeks ago the Alt-J album Relaxer stoped playing on my Andriod app. I tried to play it on my desktop and it said the songs weren't available and that I can import them. This week the new Grizzly Bear album won't play anymore on the app or deskt...

• A few weeks ago the Alt-J album Relaxer stoped playing on my Andriod app.  I tried to play it on my desktop and it said the songs weren't available and that I can import them.  This week th...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

All songs are getting deleted except ones in playlists

Hi, I'm having this problem for a while now. Some times when I open the Spotify app (on my Galaxy S7), all the downloaded songs except for the Downloaded playlists are not on my phone any more, and when I go to the Artist, Albuns or Songs tab all the...

• Hi, I'm having this problem for a while now. Some times when I open the Spotify app (on my Galaxy S7), all the downloaded songs except for the Downloaded playlists are not on my phone any more, and w...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

American Airlines ()(18O0)(274-9543) customer service phone number

American Airlines ()(18O0)(274-9543) customer service phone number American Airlines customer service number American Airlines contact customer service American Airlines customer service numbers American Airlines Tollfree number American Airlines Tol...

• Regular
  • American Airlines ()(18O0)(274-9543) customer service phone number American Airlines customer service number American Airlines contact customer service American Airlines customer servi...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • airlines
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Offline mode and login troubles

Hi.Since 3 weeks ago, i am sufering troubles when i stay for 2 o 3 days in offline mode. Sometimes (after 2 o 3 days offline), when i open the app, it show me the login pop-up, whem i try login, with my user and my password, show me a messalike like ...

• Regular
  • Hi. Since 3 weeks ago, i am sufering troubles when i stay for 2 o 3 days in offline mode. Sometimes (after 2 o 3 days offline), when i open the app, it show me the login pop-up, whem i try login, wi...
  • LeonelR1
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • offline mode
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

New interface

Yesterday I received an update for the android app which enhanched the interface. It crashed and I was forced to reinstall the app but now I havr the old interface again. Can I get the new one back?

• Casual Listener
  • Yesterday I received an update for the android app which enhanched the interface. It crashed and I was forced to reinstall the app but now I havr the old interface again. Can I get the new one back?&...
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes

App can't play albums

So sometimes when I switch album playlists, the app glitches and won't let me shuffle play songs from that album. It will say that there is a song playing when there clearly isn't and when I try to restart the app, it doesn't fix it. Any other option...

• Casual Listener
  • So sometimes when I switch album playlists, the app glitches and won't let me shuffle play songs from that album. It will say that there is a song playing when there clearly isn't and when I try to r...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

When closing the spotify app and then starting it up again removes volume controls CHROMECAST

When I'm playing music on my chromecast audio OR regular chromecast. And I close all my apps on my phone (including spotify) and then starting up spotify again removes the chromecast volume control. Does anyone else have this? Its very annoying to no...

Screenshot_20171017-135226.png Screenshot_20171017-135251.png
  • Visitor
  • When I'm playing music on my chromecast audio OR regular chromecast. And I close all my apps on my phone (including spotify) and then starting up spotify again removes the chromecast volume control. ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android
    s7 edge
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Certain artists don't play on mobile

There are certain artists that I cannot play on the mobile version of spotify. They will play fine on my computer, but not on mobile. I press a song by them, and then it stops the song I'm listening to and gets rid of the song I'm listening to but al...

• There are certain artists that I cannot play on the mobile version of spotify. They will play fine on my computer, but not on mobile. I press a song by them, and then it stops the song I'm listening ...
  • mikeblessing
  • Roadie
  • 9 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 9 replies
  • 4 likes

How to import songs from Galaxy S8+ to Spotify Mobile App

Hi, I've got heaps of music saved to my Phones storage, I'm looking for a way to import/sync these songs into a playlist on my spotify mobile app. Please tell me there is way to do this? Thanks in advance

• Casual Listener
  • Hi,   I've got heaps of music saved to my Phones storage, I'm looking for a way to import/sync these songs into a playlist on my spotify mobile app.   Please tell me there is way to do ...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify deleting downloaded Playists from iTunes

Hey! I'm trying to download to my SD some playlists from my iTunes to my device to listen them offline, but the Spotiy on my device insists to delete the playlits that I have already downloaded 5 minutes ago. So, I have to download the playlist again...

• Casual Listener
  • Hey!   I'm trying to download to my SD some playlists from my iTunes to my device to listen them offline, but the Spotiy on my device insists to delete the playlits that I have already do...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Downloaded music disappear

Every month or so the downloaded music I have selected, gets completely wipes out! Its sooo frustrating and I have to select them all over again and download them! I've done this quite a few times and I've lost all hope for it to get fixed on itself!...

• Every month or so the downloaded music I have selected, gets completely wipes out! Its sooo frustrating and I have to select them all over again and download them! I've done this quite a few times an...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

SD Card

I recently installed a 126 GB SD card to my LG G6 specifically for Spotify. I went into setting and changed the storage option to the SD card and everything transfered fine. Spotify restarted and now it is incredibly buggy. Songs wont load, excessive...

• I recently installed a 126 GB SD card to my LG G6 specifically for Spotify. I went into setting and changed the storage option to the SD card and everything transfered fine. Spotify restarted and now...
  • Huothar
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

I just switched to Google Play Music, its GREAT

The main reason I like google play is that I can download music to my phone and IT DOESNT DISAPPEAR or STOP SYNCHING for no apparent reason as Spotify does. Spotify is garbage and has NO CUSTOMER SERVICE! Bye-Bye- spotify!

• Regular
  • The main reason I like google play is that I can download music to my phone and IT DOESNT DISAPPEAR or STOP SYNCHING for no apparent reason as Spotify does.  Spotify is garbage and has NO CUSTOM...
  • Huothar
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Unable to sync local files from desktop to phone if the song is made unavailable to app

As you know there are some albums made not available to the spotify app. "Pyramids - Pyramids" is not available in the app for whatever reason, but I have the album locally and I would like to have spotify be able to play that album on my phone. I fo...

• Casual Listener
  • As you know there are some albums made not available to the spotify app. "Pyramids - Pyramids" is not available in the app for whatever reason, but I have the album locally and I would like to h...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Local Files not playing correctly on Mobile

So I have a whole live album that I have imported to my desktop app, and it sees everything and everything plays fine on my desktop app. But when I go to play 2 songs on my mobile app(Galaxy S8) it plays the studio versions of those songs. I have tri...

• Regular
  • So I have a whole live album that I have imported to my desktop app, and it sees everything and everything plays fine on my desktop app. But when I go to play 2 songs on my mobile app(Galaxy S8) it p...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Stops playing every 6-8 minutes

This just started a couple days ago and it's driving me crazy.. I turn on my music with my phone and it just stops playing every 6-8 mins.. It's not someone using my acct somewhere else because when the music stops and I open up my phone it's off the...

• Casual Listener
  • This just started a couple days ago and it's driving me crazy.. I turn on my music with my phone and it just stops playing every 6-8 mins.. It's not someone using my acct somewhere else because when ...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 64 replies
  • 21 likes
  • 64 replies
  • 21 likes