Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • jt120
  • Casual Listener
  • 66 replies
  • 25 likes
  • 66 replies
  • 25 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • shahn321
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Losing all my songs

I was constantly having tonredownload songs back to my device, which is annoying when I have 2000 songs. I blew up my data because it started downloading then through cellular EVEN WHEN MY SETTING OPTION SAID OTHERWISE. Now my songs are gone.

• Casual Listener
  • I was constantly having tonredownload songs back to my device, which is annoying when I have 2000 songs. I blew up my data because it started downloading then through cellular EVEN WHEN MY SETTING OP...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • and had to keep redownloading ot all again and again to my phone
    Lost all my songs
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

I can't download/move songs to SD card

I have a Samsung J7 Prime, and i get an error every time i have tried to use the SD card:When I'm trying to download the songs directly to the SD, the download stops after some songs showing a connection error, and the option to select the storage di...

• I have a Samsung J7 Prime, and i get an error every time i have tried to use the SD card: When I'm trying to download the songs directly to the SD, the download stops after some songs showing a con...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Songs stop after 2 secs.

I have a premium account.Desktop fine.Android phone started glitching this morning with latest app update.All playlists cycles fast through all tunes when opened. Will not stop.All songs play for a second. then stop. then app hangs/fails.I have re-bo...

• I have a premium account. Desktop fine. Android phone started glitching this morning with latest app update. All playlists cycles fast through all tunes when opened. Will not stop. All songs play...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Vpn not working

Because i often keep traveling from us to india which is very stressful i usually clear my mind using Spotify specially when im out the states i use vpn..today i woke up and tried opening my spotify app it logged me out and when i try to log in it ke...

• Because i often keep traveling from us to india which is very stressful i usually clear my mind using Spotify specially when im out the states i use vpn..today i woke up and tried opening my spotify ...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Unable to add songs to Queue; Songs in Queue get removed automatically.

Recently, I realised that when I select songs from my playlist and click "Add to Queue", not all songs get added. Another issue is when I've added the Songs, they somehow get skipped (like if you clicked the next button when the song plays) even when...

• Casual Listener
  • Recently, I realised that when I select songs from my playlist and click "Add to Queue", not all songs get added. Another issue is when I've added the Songs, they somehow get skipped (like if you cli...
  • MarkKJF
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify se cierra y elimina música descargada

Cada vez que escucho una canción, Spotify se para y debo desbloquear el celular para poner pause, además se demora mucho en abrir y en ocasiones debo cerrar la app para luego volver a abrirla.Además cuando descargo música con wifi, coloco los datos m...

• Cada vez que escucho una canción, Spotify se para y debo desbloquear el celular para poner pause, además se demora mucho en abrir y en ocasiones debo cerrar la app para luego volver a abrirla. Ademá...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Behind the Lyrics does not work.

Hi! I have the latest version of Spotify, Behind the Lyrics is activated but I can't see the information/lyrics anywhere. I have a Samsung Galaxy S6 with the latest Android version. I don't know why did this happen! I tried with a lot of famous songs...

• Visitor
  • Hi! I have the latest version of Spotify, Behind the Lyrics is activated but I can't see the information/lyrics anywhere. I have a Samsung Galaxy S6 with the latest Android version. I don't know why ...
  • TheBlackHawkW
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Music stopping when I open any app

Hello, I've already done all the procedures I found on the Spotify website, I already cleaned the data, I rebooted the phone, I reinstalled the app, but whenever I open any app - Facebook, whatsapp, games - Spotify music stops. My mobile phone is a M...

• Hello, I've already done all the procedures I found on the Spotify website, I already cleaned the data, I rebooted the phone, I reinstalled the app, but whenever I open any app - Facebook, whatsapp, ...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Huawei m3

Hi, i have a huawei m3 7 and Spotify works like i'm using a smartphone: i can't skip tracks as i wish. Any solutions?Thanks

• Hi, i have a huawei m3 7 and Spotify works like i'm using a smartphone: i can't skip tracks as i wish. Any solutions? Thanks  
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Pausing multiple times in a song

Spotify app pauses multiple times. I cannot play a song all they way through. It pauses 2 orn3 times. I have rebooted my phone, I have updated the app, and I and uninstalled and reinstalled. Please help its supper annoying.

• Spotify app pauses multiple times. I cannot play a song all they way through. It pauses 2 orn3 times. I have rebooted my phone, I have updated the app, and I and uninstalled and reinstalled. Please h...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Can`t log in

Recently I logged out of my account while being offline which I usually don´t do. Then I tried to log in again but received the message : You have to be online to be able to connect to Spotify.Since then it is impossible to log in again on my Android...

• Visitor
  • Recently I logged out of my account while being offline which I usually don´t do. Then I tried to log in again but received the message : You have to be online to be able to connect to Spotify. Sinc...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Android Mobile App: Playlist Folders?

On My iPodI made them here, desktopHello, I was wondering if someone could check something for me on the official Android Spotify mobile app. On my current device, an Apple iPod, playlist folders that I make on my desktop app will also show up. Would...

spotify-folder-example.png Screenshot (93).png
  • Regular
  •   On My iPod I made them here, desktopHello, I was wondering if someone could check something for me on the official Android Spotify mobile app. On my current device, an Apple iPod, playlist...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android
    differences
    folders
    iOS
    Mobile
    playlist folders
    Playlists
    Spotify mobile
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Storage location on Samsung S7e.

Hello, I'm about to switch if I don't find any solution for this issue, that I have had for almost a year.On Spotify, I have selected the storage location to external memory card. I gave the app the rights to access the external storage.I tried every...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello,   I'm about to switch if I don't find any solution for this issue, that I have had for almost a year. On Spotify, I have selected the storage location to external memory card. I gave&n...
  • gaspardmasy
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

[HOW TO] Troubleshooting - Clear application data on Android

Many times an application may cause issues on a phone. This may not necessarily be the fault of the specific application, but more likely the data has become corrupt by the system. The first step whenever troubleshooting an Android application is to ...

Screenshot_2014-03-07-11-48-35.png Screenshot_2014-03-07-10-45-41.png Screenshot_2014-03-07-10-45-49.png
  • Community Legend
  • Many times an application may cause issues on a phone. This may not necessarily be the fault of the specific application, but more likely the data has become corrupt by the system. The first step whe...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes
  • Android
    Tutorial
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes

Why does search require two clicks in Android?

It's not a huge deal but it drives me nuts just because it seems so ergonomically ridiculous. I click on the magnifying glass icon at the bottom of the app screen and the search bar appears at the top of the app screen. Then I have to click on the se...

• Casual Listener
  • It's not a huge deal but it drives me nuts just because it seems so ergonomically ridiculous. I click on the magnifying glass icon at the bottom of the app screen and the search bar appears at the to...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't play music

I've bought a premium account but can not play music

• Casual Listener
  • I've bought a premium account but can not play music
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Cracking and pops when playing

Hi everyone! Problem with my Galaxy s6 here. Whenever you play songs, there is this annoying "crack" or "pop" sound (kind of like static). Dunno what to do! I tried uninstalling the app, reinstalling it clean and nothing. I disabled all sound enhance...

• Hi everyone! Problem with my Galaxy s6 here. Whenever you play songs, there is this annoying "crack" or "pop" sound (kind of like static). Dunno what to do!  I tried uninstalling the app, reins...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Connect - Multiple Speakers/Devices

Hello Spotify keeps deleting my music saying I'm using a max amount of devices. I only use my phone and I deleted it off my two functioning computers and also the third computer is broke so I can't use it at all. How can I fix this. I want to listen ...

• Hello Spotify keeps deleting my music saying I'm using a max amount of devices. I only use my phone and I deleted it off my two functioning computers and also the third computer is broke so I can't u...
  • Luke
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Album Art Pionner car radio

Me gustaría saber cómo lograr que se muestren las ilustraciones de las canciones en Spotify como lo hace Pandora.... Es posible?

• Me gustaría saber cómo lograr que se muestren las ilustraciones de las canciones en Spotify como lo hace Pandora.... Es posible?
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Offline Musik Android

Hallo,wie finde ich heraus, welche Musikstücke ich offline auf meinem Android habe?Ich möchte mir alle Offline verfügbaren Daten anzeigen lassen? Habe lediglich die Funktion Cache leeren gefunden; das würde alles löschen - oder?Löschen möchte ich ggf...

• Casual Listener
  • Hallo, wie finde ich heraus, welche Musikstücke ich offline auf meinem Android habe? Ich möchte mir alle Offline verfügbaren Daten anzeigen lassen?   Habe lediglich die Funktion Cache leeren...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes