Premium

Country

Ukraine

Device

Samsung Galaxy S9+

Operating System

Android 10

My Question or Issue

my problem is that when you minimize the application and then stop the music, sometimes the time counter does not stop until I enter the application again

Screenshot_20210510-002007_Spotify.jpg
Screenshot_20210510-132857_Spotify.jpg
7 Replies

Hi there @ost_4k,

Thank you for your post here in the Community. 

Can you perform a clean reinstall of the app? This will make sure there's no old cache files causing this.

If that doesn't do the trick, can you provide us a screen recording so that we can have a closer look directly from your end?

Keep us posted 🙂

Cheers!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

yes i did a clean install but it didn't help in any way. unfortunately, it is unlikely that I will be able to record this moment on video, because this effect happens quite randomly and after a couple of seconds it returns the pointer to its place. I suspect this effect appears after I switch playback on the laptop, and then after a while I return to the phone 

Hey @ost_4k,

Thanks for getting back to us and for keeping us in the loop.

As we haven’t seen any similar posts about this recently, we feel this is most likely isolated to your device or specific setup. We will take your report into consideration while moving forward though. We recommend keeping an eye out for future updates to the app, but can't set a specific timeframe for when this issue will be fixed.

Hope you find this useful. Keep us posted if you have any questions.

Mihail Moderator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

It has been about a year since I told about his problem, but nothing has changed. someone said that the problem is only on that device, but it is not. recently I bought a new phone, and the problem went nowhere (what a surprise). The essence of this problem is that when you listen to music on the PC and control playback from the phone, when you put the phone away for a while, and then turn off the spotify on the computer, the music stops, but the player on the phone and continues to show that the music is playing. and when you open the app for a few seconds you can see that the song has been playing for 5 hours (although it lasts 3 minutes). as a result, after a few seconds the Spotify contacts the server and pulls the last position where the music stopped and everything goes back to normal. 

Hey there @ost_4k

Thanks for getting back to us. 

Could you let us know if this only happens when you're listening to music on your PC? 

On another note, would you mind asking a friend or a relative to log in to their account on your phone and check if the same happens using a different account?

Keep us posted.

EniModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

this happens not only when connecting to a PC, but always when the music stops without entering the application. also this problem is not only for me, but it is not easy to reproduce.

Hey @ost_4k,

Thanks for the reply.

As I couldn't replicate this issue on my end, could you prepare a short screen recording, so we can understand exactly what is going on on your end?

You can post it here or upload it to YouTube and then share the link.

We'd also need the brand/model and operating systems of the affected devices.

Keep us posted,

Cheers!

DianModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Suggested posts