Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

exit option needed!

exit option needed!

Spotify, please add an exit option! it's so annoying I can't close the app when I want it to.

7 Replies

Technically android doesn't need an exit option on apps - the OS is supposed to manage memory and does a pretty decent job of it. However I agree that it would be nice to have an exit option as you never know what spotify it up to in the background 🙂

----------------
Listening on Windows, Android and Sonos. Tweeting it at @davelicence

I do not need a Exit button in Android. I like way how this works now. i can start playing from where I was before. So I have Spotify widget on my main page and I can see paused track and I can in no time continue to listening playlists!

Spotify please do not remove this option, more useful option will be a Volume normalization. Some songs are just too loud and this makes my ears tired in no time. So I need to press volume down and in next song up.

I agree. Why need an exit button or option? If you wish to exit (close the program) just go to Task Manager and kill it from there. Simple as that.

I always have Spotify open. First app I open when opening my phone. So I have a quick access to it from Active Apps page + Widgets. - Love it.

IDEAS: Device Management | Recover Deleted Items

Please! Give "Kudos" to posts that you found helpful. Mark "Accept as Solution" if a post solved your issue!. Thank you!

I want it to stop when I want to, I don't wish to fiddle with task managers wich are a bad idea anyway.

If I press the homekey it's still using up memory, why does Spotify forces me to use memory when I don't want to? Any other program will close on pressing the home button or provides an exit button?

I pay 10 bucks a month for it, can I at least make my own choice whether a program is running in the background or not?

Having a load of free memory is a bad use of memory. The higher utilization you make of memory - I.e. the fuller you keep it with stuff - the quicker you can access that stuff when you want it again.

That's key to Android - apps should not have a quit option (according to Google guidelines) as Android is quite capable of managing memory use and will automatically push an old app out if some memory is required by a new one. This is the same idea as in the iOS world where a user simply presses that home button.
----------------
Listening on Windows, Android and Sonos. Tweeting it at @davelicence

Rather than task manager, an easier way is using the menu pull down bar from the top and hit the "X" button to

the right of the spotify thumbnail.

Nono, that just exits the notification and pauses Spotify if it was playing. You'll still find the app running in the background.

@natasrae wrote:

Rather than task manager, an easier way is using the menu pull down bar from the top and hit the "X" button to

the right of the spotify thumbnail.

Suggested posts