Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

installation error android

installation error android

First my music wasn't working. Every time I tried to play a song a blue box appeared advertising the premium feature So I uninstalled the app. When I tried to reinstall it said installation error (-504). When I tried to download the installer a message popped up saying that the file couldn't be opened. Please help!
10 Replies

Hello!

Have you tried installing again after that error? The Play Store has this issue sometimes, it's not just with Spotify.

Yes I tried installing other music apps (iheartradio and soundcloud) and they installed just fine. I think the problem is that my phone won't allow the installer to open. 

Sent from my LG G2, an AT&T 4G LTE smartphone

I have one solution in mind, but you'll need to look for it in other places. Search for a Spotify apk, the package through where you install Android apps, download it to your phone and install it. Then go to the store, and try updating to the latest version.

I was able to download the spotify apk to my Astro file manager under my sd card but it would not install the spotify apk. 

Silly me, forgot something else. Check if unknown sources are enabled on your security settings, then install.

I changed the setting to allow unknown sources but it still will not install for some reason.

That's about as far as my Android knowledge goes, I'm afraid. I've escalated your post to the mods so they can help you with your problem.

Alright well thank you so much for helping me I really appreciate it. 

Hey, @curlygirl1996!

Don't worry, we'll do our best to fix this! Can you try again using this APK? Remember to enable unknown sources.

Let us know how it goes!

Teresa.

What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

Hey, @curlygirl1996!

Don't worry, we'll do our best to fix this! Can you try again using this APK? Remember to enable unknown sources.

Let us know how it goes!

Teresa.

What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

Suggested posts