Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

shuffle won't stop on android

Solved!

shuffle won't stop on android

Hello,

I'm running an android phone with spotify and the other day all my music playlists just started shuffling instead of playing in order as I have them on the desktop app. I have the premium service so I cannot find a setting to turn off the shuffle on my phone. Please help. Thanks!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hello @CaseyHarris1017 and welcome to the community!

On the screen with the music player, you have to push the shuffle button (the green one on the bottom of the screen with arrows) until it's grey. If it doesn't work or you can't find it, please let me know!

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

@beevee wrote:
I have the same problem. My songs won't stop shuffling! I am using a Samsung Android app and I don't have a green button on the bottom of my screen.

Are you a free user? If so you only have shuffle play available to you. Please see the thread Subscription Comparison Chart for a comparison of the different subscription levels Spotify offer.

If however you are Premium then the btton Carina was talking about sits in the 'Now Playing' screen. Whilst playing a track tap on the 'Now Playing' bar at the bottom of the Spotify app to load the full Now Playing Window. You shoul now see the shuffle button on the left-hand side. If it's enabled it will be green.

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

View solution in original post

19 Replies
Marked as solution

Hello @CaseyHarris1017 and welcome to the community!

On the screen with the music player, you have to push the shuffle button (the green one on the bottom of the screen with arrows) until it's grey. If it doesn't work or you can't find it, please let me know!

Thanks Carina,

It worked as far as I can tell.

I have the same problem. My songs won't stop shuffling! I am using a Samsung Android app and I don't have a green button on the bottom of my screen.
Marked as solution

@beevee wrote:

Are you a free user? If so you only have shuffle play available to you. Please see the thread Subscription Comparison Chart for a comparison of the different subscription levels Spotify offer.

If however you are Premium then the btton Carina was talking about sits in the 'Now Playing' screen. Whilst playing a track tap on the 'Now Playing' bar at the bottom of the Spotify app to load the full Now Playing Window. You shoul now see the shuffle button on the left-hand side. If it's enabled it will be green.

Android Troubleshooting:

I am a premium user, and your answer helped me to find the little green arrows. Thanks!

@beevee wrote:
I am a premium user, and your answer helped me to find the little green arrows. Thanks!

No problem at all, it's quite common for people to not realise you can expand the 'Now Playing' window.

Glad you're sorted, enjoy the shuffle free Spotify experience 🙂

Android Troubleshooting:

Got the same problem on android. Turned off the green shuffle icon in bottom left. Tried turning shuffle on and off again. No noy just keeps shuffling all albums. I'm ln premium!!

On Android to turn off shuffle play nothing works that is recommened here.  

The offending shuffeling often isn't random at all. My music was sorted by add-date, not by band name, as I wanted it to be.

I just got this from the support guys. Works like a charm!

"In that case you can change the way that songs are sorted in a playlist. To do so follow these steps:
1. Go to the playlist that you'd like to sort
2. Drag down until you see the search bar at the top of the playlist
3. At the right of the search/filter bar you'll see 3 lines, tap on those lines.
4. You can sort in several ways in this menu."

Hope that helps you as well.

Stine

How can I stop shuffle on Spotify in android

Same here. Only one big green button on top that doesn't do anything but shuffle and re-shuffle. No other shuffle settings anywhere that I can find (premium member, Samsung Galaxy 6). Spotify UI is really bad. Searched for over an hour now.

Same here. Only one big green button on top that doesn't do anything but shuffle and re-shuffle. No other shuffle settings anywhere that I can find (premium member, Samsung Galaxy 6). Spotify UI is really bad. Searched for over an hour now. Sorting option offered above is non-existent. Even if it was, horrible UI - again

Same here. Only one big green button on top that doesn't do anything but shuffle and re-shuffle. No other shuffle settings anywhere that I can find (premium member, Samsung Galaxy 6). Spotify UI is really bad. Searched for over an hour now. Sorting option offered above is non-existent. Even if it was, horrible UI - again. Also, I'm a premium user and option in now playing doesn't exist.

This is the only useful information in this thread thanks!

I do have the Shuffle button at the bottom of my Samsung Android. 

When I press it all that happens is a POP UP askes me to START A PREMIUM TRIAL!!!  i HIT NO THANKS but it just repeats each time I hit the shuffle button at the bottom of the screen.

It doesn't work on mine,everytime I click those buttons with the arrows,there's something that comes out and says,"Upgrading to Premium----"

If you have a premium subscription @lifecyclefive, please follow these steps to reinstall spotify. If you don't have premium, read the third post in this thread.

I have an idea, if I can't turn the shuffle off because I don't have premium, and I am unable to see what the service has to offer, I'll just move on. There are plenty of companies out there.

hi im an Android user and there is no green button or anything i can do to turn off shuffle play can u plz help mee

Suggested posts