Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

volume keeps automatically turning up to maximum

volume keeps automatically turning up to maximum

My android app keeps turning up to full volume by itself every few minutes. Tried reinstalling, have disabled equaliser and tried different headphones but still happening. Also tried the music player on my phone and it doesn't happen on that.
It stopped for a few hours after I reinstalled but now happening again. Sometimes the galaxy S voice pops up randomly when using Spotify as well.
I have a premium account on version 4.8.1004 of the app and my phone is a galaxy a5 running on android version 5.0.2
7 Replies

Is it only on headphones or does it happen on the speaker as well?

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

Hasn't happened on the speaker but tried on multiple headphones and it happens but not on aux cable

So you have a headphones control app such as JAYS headset control? These types of apps can cause issues like this and track skipping

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

Have suddenly had this problem over last few weeks. Using iPad as controller to Spotify Connect to Bluesound Node. Volume just jumps to maximum by ltself. Spotify has been pretty stable for me until last few months when more problems are creeping in. Is this another unresolved problem?

same here, seems to switch to mobile app volum on random, even if the android app is not in use. must be something wrong with spotify connect

im years late so I'm sure you don't need this anymore, but in case anyone else does:

i was having this problem just now and figured out that it's actually a problem with Google assistant. once i disabled the Google assistant, it stopped happening. hope this helps 🙂

Hey @ghost_long_lost,

Thanks for posting in the Community.

Time is of no importance when it comes to broadening our workaround horizons. Good job on finding and sharing the solution.

Cheers!

DianModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Suggested posts