Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Subscription] Loyalty Program: Discount for Long Term Subscribers

For subscribers that dont have a lapse in their subscriptions - an incentive could be that every year you get 10% of your subscription price up to 50% off after 5 years of continuous membership!

Updated on 2023-03-30

Hey everyone,

It seems that this idea ended up in the wrong board accidentally, so we're bringing it back.

We're keeping the previous Case Closed status, as we don't have any immediate plans to implement this. As soon as we have any new information to share, rest assured we'll check back in here.

Take care.

Comments
ukmikep

I would love to see Spotify offer some kind of a loyalty program where for example a user who has been a Premium member for x months, gets a month free or next six months at a reduced rate.

Spaceboy88

I don't care so much about getting a free month however it would be cool to be the first to try new features that are rolled-out.

Marco
Status changed to: Up for Votes

Marco

@Spaceboy88 Just look out for Spotify announcements on the forum, sometimes they're looking for beta testers as for example here. 😉

Spaceboy88

@Premify Thanks...any way to open the Collections beta list up so I can get in on that? 🙂

ukmikep

I too would love the chance to beta test.  I have tested apps for other vendors, both web sites and apps.  I am also a user of other services so can compare.

rolltideroll

I actually really like the loyalty idea--maybe earning points each month you keep a subsription and being able to redeem them for free months, reduced rates, or adding a fourth device, etc. I think that would help Spotify compete with all those other music subscription services out there. It could motivate a lot of users to stick with Spotify, like me for instance 🙂 I only really use Spotify during my training runs so I don't really care for highest quality or most artists or fancy new features --price is the most important consideration xD

As for the beta testing...not too interested in that so I wouldn't consider it a "loyalty perk." 

yajtyler
I remember when they first released their apps and had a open public beta.
ASpec818

Yea I always wondered why Spotify doesn't offer a loyalty program to retain long time members.

meahtenoha
Status changed to: Not Right Now
2014-05-14 Thanks for your feedback guys--this is a great idea. At the moment though we're going to mark this as "Not right now". However we will definitely come back to this idea and let you know if we have any updates. Keep the kudos coming--we appreciate all of your enthusiasm and ideas.