Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Change the Lyrics Language

Change the Lyrics Language

Hi, so I have an account and I am based in Japan.

The "show lyrics" in the Spotify is a great thing, however, when I listen to K-Pop songs, the lyrics are changed to Japanese (with it being the way of pronunciation), instead of Korean, and I would like Korean to be shown instead.

Is there a way to change this to Korean?

10 Replies

Sadly, there isn't a way for this to be updated on our end. Lyrics are provided by the artists through a third party. Spotify doesn't control this feature.

you can't but you can change your spotify on english so when you lisen to Kpop it will be korean/the language the song is postet on

It'd be great if Spotify could add a 'preferred language' feature for the lyrics. This would also help English speakers to understand the lyrics of foreign songs. Being able to understand the song is just as important as being able to sing along. Have a great day, ya'll!

Hey folks,

If you think other users might also like it, go ahead and create an idea on the relevant idea board. We always take new ideas and feedback into consideration to improve the app. Here you can read more on how ideas work.

We also suggest checking this help article for useful tips on how to submit an idea. As a heads-up, it's good to know that the higher the number of votes an idea gets, the more likely it is for the idea to be implemented.

Hope this helps. Let us know if you have any more questions.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Alex, So I re-iterate all of the above. And I am willing to start completely over and get Spanish spotify.

All of my Mexican friends have the spanish song lyrics. So I know they exist. And I really want it to learn.

How can I cancel my account and ensure that when I re-download it is in Spanish (I live in Mexico)

Thank you Alex.

Hi @billy3000

Thanks for getting in touch about this. 

Keep in mind that the songs' lyrics are displayed in their original language. If your friends are seeing the lyrics in a different language, it's possible that they're part of some testing, as the lyrics feature is still being tested. In this case, some users might see something on the app that other users don't, or get a brand-new feature for only a temporary period.

Additionally, we can't guarantee that you'll have that option available, if you create a new account, and it's not possible to activate that feature on our end. However, it looks like other people would like to have this feature as well. It's well worth giving this idea a vote to show your support. The higher the number of votes an idea gets, the more likely it is for it to be implemented.

If you have any questions, just let us know. 

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

As the lyrics are provided by Musixmatch and they also provide the translations of the lyrics, it would be cool to have the option to select translation if desired as well as subscripted or side by side for example.

WHY ALL LYRICS SHOW IN HINDI

I AM FROM PAKISTAN AND ALL PAKISTANI SONGS LYRICS ALSO SHOWING IN HINDI

1. Because Spotify does not make money from lyrics and therefor does not care 

why can't you just integrate a translation wrapper over the lyrics, I mean its an AI era translation options are available everywhere, its not a big deal!

Suggested posts