Christian Genre Removed?!

Christian Genre Removed?!

simonscramble
Casual Listener

Why has the Christian Genre been removed?

95 Replies
Highlighted

Re: [Desktop][Browse] Christian Genre Removed?!

user-removed
Not applicable

im wondering the same thing

Re: [Desktop][Browse] Christian Genre Removed?!

KiwiTank
Casual Listener

I have just noticed this too...

Re: Christian Genre Removed?!

jcrox100

The question is will spotify ever respond to this question or will they just ignore this as they do most forums.

KiwiTank
Casual Listener

I would be very surprised if they replied to this, and even more so if they gave a meaningful response. 

I can't imagine that it was an unpopular genre - it is probably more of an ideological move. 

Andyd63
Casual Listener

What's more interesting is that a Gay Pride genre has been put in. Does Spotify see the two as mutually exclusive?

simonscramble
Casual Listener

It seemed to come on the back of the marriage equality vote in Australia. I guess it’s riding a wave of support for the Pride movement. Shame that the Christian genre fell victim.

Staffy777
Casual Listener

Well I plagued them over two days and just got rather bland answers as per below

We don't have any info to share right now, but we'll let the right team know that you'd like to see it in the Genres and Moods page in the future

AND

We understand. Rest assured, your comments have been passed onto the right folks. In the meantime, if there's anything else we can help you with, just shout!

So no real answers as expected, neither do I expect any....unfortunately

Did a bit of checking on Christian Playlists, just in case they thought there was not enough interest in Christian Genre...

Worship Now 615000
Christian Mix 157000
Blessings 95000
Gospel 333000
Pop for Life 218000
Hillsong Playlists combined 5.5 MILLION
Planetshakers 500000

Im sure this is just the tip of the Iceberg....

I would say thats enough interest....

vaalseun
Music Fan

Hannah_Banana

It's terrible. I went looking for it today and couldn't find it. Thats when i relised it must have been deleted. 

SUGGESTED POSTS