Classical New Releases: Spotify Picks

Classical New Releases: Spotify Picks

jfrick

What happened to this playlist?  It was one of my favorite things about Spotify and for the last several weeks it has been missing (no change in the playlist).

11 Replies

Re: Classical New Releases: Spotify Picks

tomriddle
Regular

I suppose you mean this one:

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/37i9dQZF1DWV0gynK7G6pD

I am wondering about that, too. In the description it still says "updated every friday" but the last change was made on March 1st.

One of my favourite playlists, I hope it doesn't get lost.

lfinch144
Casual Listener

I am wondering the same thing about this playlist.  I would check in every Friday morning.  It was one of my favorite features.  Hope it is updated soon.

moluv4nyc
Casual Listener

Agree! Yo, Spotify, what happened to it? On vaycay or gone for good? Please respond.

tomriddle
Regular

The list got updated yesterday. Hooray!

alexwesterlund
Regular

It is certainly back but there is a different emphasis on the type of music being played there now. A lot of ”soft instrumental” music, not necessarily classical. Something has gone awry...

lfinch144
Casual Listener

I would charactorize the music now on the Classical New Releases more as "New Age" with perhaps a classical influence.  But cerainly not the same pure classical music that I have enjoyed on this playlist over the last four years.

That's too bad.  I hope that they will bring back pure classical.

Bodoleclodo
Casual Listener

Indeed ! This playlist was one of my favorite features. I was always looking forward to it every Friday, but now...? it’s pretty much useless! Mainly a selection of New Age nonsense.  Very disapointing :(

jdnier
Casual Listener

Yep, it's back but is now mixed with a bunch of "new age"-like fluff that's really out of place. I reached out to Spotify support and the agent agreed to pass this thread onto the maintainers of the playlist.

timalexchris

I have to agree with the other posters that the changes made to the character of this playlist are very disappointing. Every week I was looking forward to the selection of new releases which always seemed to have a good mix of different classical genres. It was very enjoyable to listen to and to discover new things. I suppose the new style has been implemented to appeal to a wider audience; but there are already plenty of lists with a more popular bent on classical music. Please bring the old style with its wider range of classical music, I am sure there are many others who miss it as well.

SUGGESTED POSTS