Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

How to deactivate gender star

How to deactivate gender star

Plan

Premium

Country

Germany

Device

(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)

Operating System

(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)

My Question or Issue

Hello Madame,

hello Sir,

I have seen, that there is some wrong spelling since one of the latest updates in the software. Something like Künstler*innen instead of Künstler before.

In Germany it is not corresponding to the "Rechtschreibregelung" (Spelling rules). Consequently this spelling is totaly false! You also can not find such Words in the Duden! Duden is an offical Dictonary of the correct writing of german words. It is also the standard for use in business!

If this is a political statement from spotify I will distance me from this provider and cancel my abonement. I am a user since 2012 of spotify in germany. I have payed more then 1300€ for their service.

I'm not interested to support political statements wether I like them or not. Companys have to be a neutral area for politics and faith. Otherwise the company supports special groups and discriminate the interest of other groups.

2 Replies

Hey @Amaining

Thanks for posting on the Community about this. 

It's currently not possible to disable the gender star on the German app version by using the app settings. 

However, we recommend posting your suggestion as an Idea on the relevant board here. Once you've done so, other users will be able to support your idea by adding their +VOTE. It’s worth knowing that the higher the number of votes an idea gets, the more likely it is for the idea to be implemented. 

We always take new ideas and feedback into consideration to improve the app. Here you can read more on how ideas work. Also, make sure to check out this Spotify Answer on how to submit your idea to the board. 

Hope this helps. Let us know if you have any questions. 

Hi Ivan,

similar "ideas" were posted. Only a (lefty political) minority, mostly not those addressed by the star, actually wants this annoying thing.

You may make it available to them (according to several questionings less than 20% of males, females and divers people!), but in General please use the correct, readable and politically neutral German language!

You may do virtue signaling by paying women equally, hire people regardless of their identity and race - you do that, right?

Suggested posts