Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Suspicious Playlist

Solved!

Suspicious Playlist

Plan: Free

Operating System: Windows 10

Hello,
I had a song added to a playlist called 'House Music' by the profile 'Artister.io' without my consent. Researching a bit I found the playlist to be somewhat suspicious, according to the site "https://artister.io" this profile charges to have music added to their playlists, but I did not pay to have my music added to any of their playlists. I wonder how to proceed in this case, cause I don't want to have my artist profile related to any playlists that use bots or something like that.

Thank you all 🙂

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @Danil0,

Thanks for reaching out and for the link.

Please keep in mind that any music you upload to Spotify can be freely added to playlists by other users. Having that in mind we've passed on your report about this profile to the relevant team, who will happily take a closer look.

If you wish part of your music removed from Spotify, we recommend that you reach out to our Artist Support team. You can do this here

Hope this info is useful. Let us know if there's anything else we can help with.

Mihail Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

View solution in original post

226 Replies

Hey @Danil0,

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community.

Would you mind sharing a link to the playlist as well as proof (e.g. a screenshot) that the playlist is related to that website? 

We'll take it from there. Cheers!

Mario Moderator

Hey, Mario! Here is the requested information:

The mentioned playlist:
https://open.spotify.com/playlist/12mF4jI99gpKiSsZ4zwXio?si=fc325d29fec748b4

Here are also the screenshots with the site of the 'House Music' playlist
and also a screenshot with the charge they make.

Thank you very much for your attention, I am available for further
questions!
Marked as solution

Hey @Danil0,

Thanks for reaching out and for the link.

Please keep in mind that any music you upload to Spotify can be freely added to playlists by other users. Having that in mind we've passed on your report about this profile to the relevant team, who will happily take a closer look.

If you wish part of your music removed from Spotify, we recommend that you reach out to our Artist Support team. You can do this here

Hope this info is useful. Let us know if there's anything else we can help with.

Mihail Moderator

Actually have the same experience now (3 weeks later). The user and playlist are still up. As much as I'd like this to be a real popular playlist (I got a lot of streams from them), most follower profiles have no photo's and real funny names. I am afraid it is not real and I will be punished for this.

I did not submit directly to this playlist, but there are so many platforms now that use a Spotify gate and the hijack your account to fill it with lists, it's hard to keep track of what is what.

Could you look into wheater this is genuine?

Hey there @sub_caesar

Thanks for reaching out about this. 

Would you mind sending over the link or URI to this playlist? 

We'll be on the lookout for your reply.

NovyModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".

Same here. They added one of my singles a few days ago. Today I started a little research and now I´m worried that my music could be taken down due to artificial streaming. I didn´t pay them for any music promotion service as well... 

My track was added to their lofi trap playlist. 

Thank you for helping us!!! 

Link to that playlist: https://open.spotify.com/playlist/6KLBixi86DPX5QqNZU6c2i?si=2be7c28532dc416d

Hey!
I also had a song added to a playlist called 'Fresh Hip Hop' by the same profile 'Artister.io' without my consent. I didn't pay to have my music added either. I don't want my streams to continue to be tampered with by a bot. Could you please help? My artist account is TJA. the song on their playlist is "Woah feat. Jay Willy"

Same here!  I had a song called "Arachnamantics"  added to this same Fresh Hip Hop playlist, artist name is Tino The Spider

Here is a link to the playlist:

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/3R9bj03NuJ7MxSrZJlvq5H?si=f085f7a7819c4e83

I submitted something about this also via Spotify for Artists.  Can you help? 

Hi there @TJAofficial and @Tino530,

Thank you for your replies in this thread.

@Tino530 - we've reported this to the right team.

@TJAofficial - can you share the URI so that we can report it?

We also suggest that you follow @Novy advise and contact the artist support.

We'll keep an eye out for your replies.

Take care!

JeremyModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Thanks so much Jeremy.  It now appears that they've changed this playlist name to "Pop Carousel"., but still have the "Fresh Hip Hop" image  I've reported this playlist through Spotify as well. Weird!

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/0vfNkxoDWOkb0aPE9gfZTr?si=ecdfcb006b8344ae

Hey there @Tino530

Thanks for getting back to us. 

In this case, we suggest that you reach out to our Artist Support team on the link @Novy sent previously so they can take a closer look at this backstage. 

If you need help with anything else, just let us know. 

Cheers!

EniModerator

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Hi everyone,
I have the same problem. One of my songs got added to their "Lo-Fi Trap" Playlist and I was positively surprised about all the streams, but it seemed suspicious. So I did some research and found out that you guys have the same problem and I also don't want to be affiliated with bots or have my music get removed from spotify because of artifical streams. 

Hey @Lübro,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community.

In this case, we suggest reaching out to our Support team for artists from the link shared above in this thread so they can give you a hand with your concern.

We'll be right here in case you need anything else.

Have a good one 🙂

CarlosEModerator

I've had the exact same same experience. Artister.io added my song to their playlist recently without my knowledge or consent. It looks to me like they're using bots to generate artificial streams and then requesting money to stay on their playlists.

I reached out to customer service at Spotify, but they unfortunately weren't helpful at all. Like you, I'm concerned that my profile will be flagged as a result of the artifically inflated stats, but the customer service reps implied that I'd paid for the service and that I should "review my promotional efforts." They said there was nothing they could do to remove the data that was associated with the playlist other than to report it.

My data is incredibly distorted now, and there's apparently nothing I can do to stop it. Has anyone else had more success resolving this issue with Spotify? Does anyone know if/how to protect yourself from this in the future?

Hey @jjmillcakes,

Thanks for your post.

Would you mind sharing the URI to the playlist and user profiles in question, so that we can pass this info on to the team investigating this?

Cheers.

AlexModerator

Hey @jjmillcakes,

Thanks for the swift reply.

We've passed this info on 🙂

Don't hesitate to reach out again if you need help with anything.

AlexModerator

Thanks for your help. Would it help to follow up with Spotify's Artist Support to reiterate that I didn't pay for this service? I'd like to avoid having my profile flagged if possible.

Suggested posts