Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

When is Spotify going to return on Roku?

Solved!

When is Spotify going to return on Roku?

When is Spotify going to available on Roku again?

132 Replies

Amen.  Screen mirroring or casting from a phone sucks.  If I leave the room with my phone guess what happens...  An app on the Roku is best.  That's why I like Pandora at the moment.

I was super bummed about this.  I have been a heavy spotify user since its inception in the US.  I also stream everything thru my roku.  I have a nice stereo so I needed all audio to run through the system.  

Last week I stumbled on the Chromecast Audio.  Gotta be honest, couldn't be happier.  Yes, you don't get to visually see what you are playing on your tv.  But, you get the Spotify full app (iPhone version or similar) compared to the crappy Spotify version.  Plus....big plus, you stream at cd quality level.  You'll need to get the 3.5mm to optical adapter ($7 @bestbuy) if you want fully digital.  Sound is far better than it did via the spotify app through my roku and into the stereo.  Back to happy mode and still enjoying Spotify on my home theater system.  

whats "ROKU"?

Why Spotify lie to the customers? We´re improving the experience? They said the same thing when they cancelled te LG app in my tv screen!! When did it returned? Never!! Samsung has the "exclusive" and now?? what streaming box has the exclusive?? Roku has a dedicated button for Spotify!! It looks that our opinion here doesen´t matter!! so sad!!

Now, 6 months after the removal of Spotify, not one word from Spotify. I have an incredible sound system integrated with my Roku and used Spotify as my primary music source in my home, for parties and my own listening. This is a huge chunk of what I thought I paid for with Spotify premium and I’ll be switching to Apple Music and adding Apple TV as of this month. Bad, bad service delivery. BTW, I think the stuff about hoping to offer a better experience is total bs. There’s money involved, there always is (probably licensing or royalties), and I’d bet it’s way in Spotify's favor to stay off Roku. What’s next, pulling out of Amazon's Echo system? If so, Spotify will lose customers by the thousands, I guarantee it.

Wow, I am really missing the logic in this post. You are upset with
Spotify because they no longer support the Roku. So you want to go to
Apple which also doesn't support the Roku and even fewer devices that
Spotify. So in either case you need to buy new hardware. Though I admit
that supporting the Roku and then dropping it was a particularly **bleep** move.

How about just switching to a music service that actually cares about
supporting as many devices as possible (Pandora and Slacker immediately
come to mind but there are others).

Many people still find it hard to change.

No reason to change other than they went public and subscription is no longer their model.

???

???

???

Subscription is still their model! They have over 71-72 million subscribers by now. Now, not sure how many free users, but even if they had double the subscribers (140 million free users), 71 million paid is nothing to sneeze at. Especially at an age where people are still using both torrents and YouTube for music.

ive been waiting too! hopefully soon as i think theyre just making some improvements.

I disagree with this question being solved. While Maxim's response is more useful than most replies, it doesn't provide a timeline, just a (not as good) alternative. I appreciate the response, but it makes it sound as if this issue has been solved, which is misleading.

This is optimistic. It's been gone for 6 months. E: replying to last comment last page 😅

Spotfy is going to get cancelled today and maybe when they sober up and do business in an acceptable manner i will conider returning. Money is all this kind of sloppy company understands. I urge others to do the same. And no, I will NOT get rid of my new Roku to accommodate laziness.

Would like to see a REAL answer on this. Having to stream my phone to roku is NOT acceptable. The previous app was trash, but at least it played music. Why remove something that worked when the replacement isn't ready yet?

This is lame.  If Spotify or Roku ever look at these messages, just know that you're losing business over this.

Please do it soon, I have been waiting for so long to use it in our tv!!! I wont subscribe until this is a possibility!

I don’t see a reason into me remaining a premium costumer. I’ve been waiting around 5 months now and still nothing. My tv is what I used Spotify the most on, and now it’s been removed with such short notice all for a better overall experience. Acceptable because of the fact it’s to make it better but totally unacceptable due to the fact that it’s been so long, all while having to go through problems into buying speakers for my music.

We just canceled IHeartRadio to move to Spotify. Today I went to play some music on our Roku, and... there's seriously no Spotify app??

Having nothing is an even worse user experience.

I purchased a Roku Streaming Stick+ earlier this week, and to find I'm not able to listen to Spotify (which I'm paying for) is ridiculous. It's advertised on Amazon as having this capability, and had I known that Spotify had removed the app I would not have purchased it.

I've spoken to the Spotify team on Twitter who have 'promised' to speak to the relevant department, but if this isn't resolved within the 30 days I have to return it back to Amazon, that's exactly what I'll do as it's not delivering what's advertised.

I hope Spotify realise that they're costing other companies business in their slow response to this fiasco. I can already see that this issue has been ONGOING since last year. That's over 6 MONTHS. I'm sorry but that is just disgusting.

If this is what's to be expected, I'll simply transfer my playlists and take my business elsewhere. There's plenty of other music services wanting my business, so if I have to switch - I will, and I won't be coming back.

I have until 19th July to initiate a refund on my Roku. Strangely, that's how long Spotify have to fix this mess, before I cancel.

Please advise as to when the Spotify app will be made available again on Roku. Thanks.

Suggested posts