Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Content Questions

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New Feature To Try On Desktop: Quick Search Shortcuts

Hey folks, The Spotify team is always working to make the software as simple as possible for everyone to use, and for those of you who like to save a bit of time by using keyboard shortcuts, there's a very convenient trick that you may not have notic...

dinomight_0-1661880282065.jpeg
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • fumikimkim
  • Roadie
  • 46 replies
  • 105 likes
  • 46 replies
  • 105 likes

New Home Feed Interface?

Sorry but this new "tiktok-like" interface is so ugly. Spotify needs to realise that a familiar design on one app absolutely doesn't work for others. It doesn't "promote discovery" and honestly just makes me feel less inclined to scroll through hundr...

• Visitor
  • nin302
  • Regular
  • 2353 replies
  • 1909 likes
  • 2353 replies
  • 1909 likes

Not getting update

PlanPremiumCountryQatarDeviceMacBook Pro 2020 Operating SystemmacOS Big Sur 11.2.3 My Question or IssueI'm not getting the latest spotify updates on my mac, there is usually an update button but I'm not getting it, on my friends laptop she had the la...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Qatar Device MacBook Pro 2020  Operating System macOS Big Sur 11.2.3    My Question or Issue I'm not getting the latest spotify updates on my mac, t...
  • Billy-J
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Help me!
    Mac Book
    Update
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

I can't share a song from spotify to instagram stories with sound

PlanPremiumCountryParaguayDeviceiPhone 11, Operating SystemiOS 14.5 Hey guys,I'm having trouble sharing a song from spotify to instagram stories with sound. It works well in my side account, but not in my main account.I would like to know if there's ...

•   Plan Premium Country Paraguay Device iPhone 11,  Operating System iOS 14.5   Hey guys, I'm having trouble sharing a song from spotify to instagram stories with sound. It w...
  • Billy-J
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

[Mobile][Podcasts] Sleep ads whilst driving

Please remove any sleeping ads whilst the app is on driving mode (connected with waze or similar apps). I was driving a few hours yesterday back from work and I've heard 2 times the sleep podcast ad which made me extremely tired almost making an acci...

• Visitor
  • Please remove any sleeping ads whilst the app is on driving mode (connected with waze or similar apps). I was driving a few hours yesterday back from work and I've heard 2 times the sleep podcast ad ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mobile
    Podcasts
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Obama

Please drop Michelle Obama. Her ad is not factual.

• Regular
  • Please drop Michelle Obama. Her ad is not factual.
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Why no TOOL (The band)

Hello everyone!! Well I just recently discovered Spotify and would like to know if any of you can point me in the right direction here. I need to know who do I bug to get them to add Tool to the artist list. No songs of Tool nor any of their albums a...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello everyone!!   Well I just recently discovered Spotify and would like to know if any of you can point me in the right direction here.  I need to know who do I bug to get them to add T...
  • architeg
  • Casual Listener
  • 131 replies
  • 25 likes
  • heavy metal
    Progressive metal
    Rock
  • 131 replies
  • 25 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution reverse order

When playing an artist, albums are played newest to oldest. Is it possible to reverse the order so they are played oldest to newest? PlanFree/PremiumCountry Device(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)Operating System(iOS 10, Android Ore...

• Regular
  • When playing an artist, albums are played newest to oldest. Is it possible to reverse the order so they are  played oldest to newest?   Plan Free/Premium Country   Device (iPhon...
  • CarlosE
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution A question about syncing local files between devices

CountryUSDeviceDesktop, Pixel 3Operating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueHi! I was a premium member several years ago. My main reason for leaving was I wanted a service that allowed the upload of my own purchased albums to fill the void for song...

• Country US Device Desktop, Pixel 3 Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue Hi! I was a premium member several years ago. My main reason for leaving was I wanted a service that...
  • Elena
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Scalability

Hello Community! Spotify does not allow public playlist folders and does not provide an API for folders. Looks like they are limiting some features for users not to have too many playlists.It's time to scale-out Spotify and give access to all these g...

• Regular
  • Hello Community!   Spotify does not allow public playlist folders and does not provide an API for folders. Looks like they are limiting some features for users not to have too many playlists....
  • Elena
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Morning Show

Why not have a morning show that is balanced and fair? The Get Up morning show is so liberal and biased that it is hard to listen to.

• Casual Listener
  • Why not have a morning show that is balanced and fair? The Get Up morning show is so liberal and biased that it is hard to listen to.
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Hidden songs from phone does not synch to Spotify to the Volvo Sensus App

PlanFamilyCountryUsaDevice(Samsung Note 9 Volvo Sensus My Question or IssueWhen hiding a song in a Playlist on my phone when I play the Playlist on the app on my Volvo Senses the song is not hidden. It would be nice if it synced to the device. The Sp...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Family Country Usa Device (Samsung Note 9  Volvo Sensus       My Question or Issue When hiding a song in a Playlist on my phone when I play the Playlist on the app ...
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution [Mobile][Developer] Toggle Feature to Display Lyrics

[Appealing to all Users, Please Vote!!] I'm not sure how many of the users out there are deprived from viewing lyrics on their mobile Spotify App. I'm one of them since the day that this feature was released. I'm constantly getting the annoying "Behi...

• [Appealing to all Users, Please Vote!!]   I'm not sure how many of the users out there are deprived from viewing lyrics on their mobile Spotify App. I'm one of them since the day that this fea...
  • Xenia
  • 2 replies
  • 41 likes
  • Developer
    Mobile
  • 2 replies
  • 41 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Explicit content

A lot of explicit content I'd liked disappeared when I changed my location. How can I solve this?

• Regular
  • A lot of explicit content I'd liked disappeared when I changed my location. How can I solve this?
  • Stive1
  • Regular
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Some local files synced, some didn't over different Wi-Fi networks

PlanPremiumCountryIndonesiaDeviceGalaxy A7/ PCOperating SystemAndroid 10/Windows 10 My Question or IssueAs you can see in the screenshots here, there are some local files I have downloaded (from moving them from my local files on my pc to a playlist,...

• ...sually a network issue.   I then looked at my firewall to ensure that I ticked public and private networks for my wifi. Then I found the culprit- I was on different WiFi networks on my phone and m...
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • local
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Song Que Issues

So when I go to add songs to my que, I assume it will be available indefinitely.However, it is not. After several hours or if I close the app I notice when I hit play none of those songs play.Any reason why?Any work around?Also any way I can see and ...

• Visitor
  • So when I go to add songs to my que, I assume it will be available indefinitely. However, it is not.   After several hours or if I close the app I notice when I hit play none of those songs p...
  • Jeremy
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Artist biography updates

How often does Spotify update its artist biographies from Rovi/Tivo?

• Roadie
  • How often does Spotify update its artist biographies from Rovi/Tivo?
  • Jeremy
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! My Playlist is too long

Heyy, I have a question.I have a playlist of 800, it’s way too long so I want to divide them into smaller lists.But I don’t know where to begin..Could you guys give me tips? sorry for my English btw.

• Heyy, I have a question. I have a playlist of 800, it’s way too long so I want to divide them into smaller lists. But I don’t know where to begin.. Could you guys give me tips?   sorry for ...
  • mol_bio
  • Regular
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Lyrics hidden behind control bar after last update

PlanPremiumCountryBrasilDeviceLenovoOperating SystemWindows 10,etc.) My Question or IssueLyrics hidden behind control bar after last update

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country Brasil Device Lenovo Operating System Windows 10,etc.)   My Question or Issue Lyrics hidden behind control bar after last update
  • Eni
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Endorses Racist Rap That Promotes Cop Killing

Spotify continues to remove Metal, country, and podcasts that do not bootlick SJW talking points, yet leave Ghetto rap that is racist towards white people and promotes cop killing. In fact Spotify repeatedly endorsed rap that promotes cop killing. Sp...

• Regular
  • Spotify continues to remove Metal, country, and podcasts that do not bootlick SJW talking points, yet leave Ghetto rap that is racist towards white people and promotes cop killing. In fact Spotify re...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Shuffle is not random.

I will not try to post my long text the third time since my posting always gets removed instantly and i dont know why. This is mostly a test if i can post something at all. I collected some Evidence showing that shuffle is not even remotely random. I...

• Music Fan
  • I will not try to post my long text the third time since my posting always gets removed instantly and i dont know why. This is mostly a test if i can post something at all.   I collected some ...
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 4 replies
  • 4 likes
  • shuffle
  • 4 replies
  • 4 likes

Superuser Contribution Worried that Spotify might remove my song

My Question or IssueI’ve got a problem. Here’s a brief summary of what’s happened: I recently released a single for an upcoming album, I promoted it to my audience and friends, but two of my friends decided to stream my new single on loop which got m...

• Casual Listener
  • My Question or Issue I’ve got a problem. Here’s a brief summary of what’s happened: I recently released a single for an upcoming album, I promoted it to my audience and friends, but two of my friend...
  • ethang79
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes