Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

A few problems and missing features

Solved!

A few problems and missing features

My Question or Issue

I'm a long time premium user on mac and iphone.

Generally I love the service, but there are some significant issues that do make me sometimes wonder about other services. I've looked for a feedback forum, but don't see where to post these, so here they are.

1. Quit messing with the interface and eliminating features. This has been the case since the beginning. Most recent is the loss of playlist radio. Also, the ability to sort searches by title seems to come and go. STOP IT. Only fix what's broken.

2. Allow multi-select of playlists to allow for mass deletion! I don't get why this has never been added.

3. Add a slider to allow more of less new music during radio play. Mostly I get the same bands over and over. I want more new stuff, but since others may not, let us choose.

I'm probably forgetting a few things, but I'll start with this.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @davidm1,

Thanks for getting in touch.

1. First of all, Spotify (like any other service that's out there) does A/B experiments to understand which features are the most useful ones and which aren't. That's the reason you're seeing features coming and going away. That should be over when Spotify decides if the feature is essential and useful or unnecessary.

2-3. You can submit ideas here on the community to let Spotify know what you want as a feature. I'm pretty sure someone already submitted a feature request with the playlist thing so you can share that idea with your friends and family and vote for it to make it a reality.

Cheers,

Arda

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @davidm1,

Thanks for getting in touch.

1. First of all, Spotify (like any other service that's out there) does A/B experiments to understand which features are the most useful ones and which aren't. That's the reason you're seeing features coming and going away. That should be over when Spotify decides if the feature is essential and useful or unnecessary.

2-3. You can submit ideas here on the community to let Spotify know what you want as a feature. I'm pretty sure someone already submitted a feature request with the playlist thing so you can share that idea with your friends and family and vote for it to make it a reality.

Cheers,

Arda

Thanks, Arda. 

When you say I can post ideas here, where exactly do you mean? In THIS forum? If yes, then have I done that, or do I need to post it elsewhere?

Thanks agian.

David

Hey David,

Glad to hear you're interested in our Idea board. This is a separate section on the Community found here. If you have an idea that you think others would like as well, you can submit one. 

Regarding the Radio repeating some bands, this idea here looks similar so feel free to vote for it, or create a new one if it's a different one. 

You can find more info on how ideas reach Spotify here.  

Hope that helps 🙂

Suggested posts