Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't play current song error while listening to music

Solved!

Can't play current song error while listening to music

Plan

Premium

Country

RO

Device

(Macbook Pro early 2015)

Operating System: macOS Mojave

My Question or Issue

For about 2 months now, whenever I try to play Spotify on macOS, the desktop app playing any music after about 20-30 seconds and shows the  "Can't play current song" error in a blue ribbon.

It is particularly annoying because the app becomes unable to play any music; I either have to quit the app and restart it or switch to open.spotify.com, only to find the same issue.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

I disabled the HW acceleration feature and again, it doesn't seem to work. Since I'm getting so many unwanted interruptions I canceled my premium and now the "Cannot play current song" errors flow with the ads and seem to be less noticeable.

View solution in original post

10 Replies

Hey there @cccristi07!

Welcome to the Community and thanks for bringing this to our attention.

Could you try restarting your computer to see if that makes any difference for you?

If you still experience this, it might be caused by an issue with your device's cache. Performing a clean reinstall of the app with the steps here should help solve this.

Keep in mind that you'll need to re-download your offline music and podcasts afterwards.

In case the issue persists, could you ask a friend or a family member to log in on your computer and test this out to see if they get the same issue?

We'll be on the lookout for your update. Give us a shout if you have any further questions.

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Does exist anything that we can do to this thing wont happen again?

turn off the "hardware acceleration" option in the drop down menu below "spotify" in the left hand corner of your screen. This will make your app restart and then you should be fine.

I just disabled it. Will come back with feedback about whether it worked or not.

I'm sorry, this does not seem to work.

I have the same issue (see this thread)

Marked as solution

I disabled the HW acceleration feature and again, it doesn't seem to work. Since I'm getting so many unwanted interruptions I canceled my premium and now the "Cannot play current song" errors flow with the ads and seem to be less noticeable.

Where is the dislike button?

Well, until they fix the bluetooth issue it's not worth using Premium (at least for me) since you're getting so many interruptions while listening.

I'm totally agree with you, i already unsubscribe from my premium account few days ago.

Suggested posts