Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't remove Spotify from background items

Can't remove Spotify from background items

Hi all,

I'm on macOS Ventura 13.4 (M2 Pro). I can't get rid of this background item. Uninstalling Spotify didn't help either. Is there any solution to this? Thanks in advance.

Hakan

PS: Screenshot attached below

Screenshot 2023-05-20 at 20.21.22.png
4 Replies

Hey @Hakaya7

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and welcome.

We understand you’ve already tried some troubleshooting steps, including reinstalling, but to be sure that we're on the same page, did you use the steps for a clean reinstall mentioned in this article? 

If so and the issue persists, it could be related to the host files stored on your Mac. In this case, we'd recommend clearing any entries that contain Spotify from the host files on your computer to see if it makes any difference. To do so, you can follow the instructions in this post (even if it's a different issue). 

Hope this helps. Let us know how it goes.

OscarDCModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Same problem. Looks like macOS keeps handle to background items files (not full filesystem path). Deleting app (i.e. moving it to Trash) doesn't help. I managed to get rid of Spotify from background items by deleting it immediately (removing from Trash).

I used AppCleaner to uninstall it but I'm not sure if cache folders are removed. I'll try it today and let you know. Hope it helps.

I uninstalled Spotify as told in the article. It came back after reinstalling the app. This doesn't happen on my Intel Macbook Pro but the M2 Pro. Curious as to why...

Suggested posts