Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Multiple Local File Problems

Solved!

Multiple Local File Problems

I've been having some trouble with my local files, both before and after i've tried changing song titles and other metadata.

- Whole albums just won't play (One album can only play the one song that I changed the title of. All of the other songs in the album I added with their track order. Another one can't play at all after I changed it's cover art). I've tried changing the titles for the others from the first album but I can't get them to work 

- Some songs play remasters or versions from other albums (Downloaded Infinite plays remastered Infinite and Just Don't Give A **bleep** from the Slim Shady EP plays the version from the Slim Shady LP)

- Some songs have cover art and titles from other tracks on spotify (eg. instead of having Logic it's M.C Logic & Instead of One its The One). There is no way to stop Spotify trying to search for the song in their database. Even if they do get it right now I can't see which songs are playing in the playlist. The last two problems could potentialy be solved by downloading an older spotify client that could delete spotifys suggestion.

- Now my local file section is filled with multiple versions of songs, half of which won't even play. There is no way to delete them.

I don't know what to do i've been troubleshooting for hours.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Ok so this is OP with a 3rd account from support. I would like to show my solutions for these problems incase anyone else comese from google or wherever.

- Album won't play

- Local file filled with duplicates and is cluttered

Can all be solved by reinstalling spotify (thanks SebastVAIO) and/or deselecting and reselecting the file source from local files in preferences.

- Songs changing name

- Songs being replaced by different, incorrect versions

This wasn't really solved. It could potentially be done by using an older spotify client (pre v1 i believe). But this is what led to my account being lost so I probably would say be careful. Make sure your account isn't only linked to facebook as that may have been why the problem occured. I may try later using an older client to unlink songs. These issues have been reported also.

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Hey, yes it sounds a bit as if Spotify's cache is messed up.

Try reinstalling the program. Here's how to.

Let me know what happens!

SebVAIO

SebastySpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Thank you so much now everything is playing and my local file section isn't a mess. I still have trouble with spotify trying to give the songs cover art or link them to remasters but I'll try to fix that now by using an older spotify client

**bleep**ing great. In doing that now i've somehow managed to create this new account. I can't access TheDanx. I'm gonna see if I can try and get some help now for this issue.

Marked as solution

Ok so this is OP with a 3rd account from support. I would like to show my solutions for these problems incase anyone else comese from google or wherever.

- Album won't play

- Local file filled with duplicates and is cluttered

Can all be solved by reinstalling spotify (thanks SebastVAIO) and/or deselecting and reselecting the file source from local files in preferences.

- Songs changing name

- Songs being replaced by different, incorrect versions

This wasn't really solved. It could potentially be done by using an older spotify client (pre v1 i believe). But this is what led to my account being lost so I probably would say be careful. Make sure your account isn't only linked to facebook as that may have been why the problem occured. I may try later using an older client to unlink songs. These issues have been reported also.

So you can unlink tracks in versions pre v1, but that doesn't stay once you go back to the recent client, so idk what to do.

Still Works in 2020. Just turn off the local file location in settings close spotify open it back up and turn it back on. Fixes it all.

Suggested posts