Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Podcasts don't sort by new episodes :(

Solved!

Podcasts don't sort by new episodes :(

On my Mac desktop, the Podcast section does not update when new episodes of Podcasts are added since the update. So now I have no way of knowing when new podcast episodes have been released, at least not without clicking on the podcast icons to check.  There are only 2 options to sort them....by name...and by recently added.  The recently added only is sorted by podcasts I added, not new episodes.  It makes no sense.  Am I missing something?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

A new sugestion has been opened here, 96 likes at time of writing, so please add to it if you're reading this, so that Spotify might actually bother fixing this bug/implementing the basic feature of showing a list of podcast episodes sorted by Newly Added, like they do in the app.

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/Desktop-Podcasts-Sort-by-Unplayed-Recently-Added/idi-p/4...

View solution in original post

10 Replies

This is my go around when i want to listen to the most recent episodes on my computer instead of my phone.

I have my computer and phone both connected to the same internet connection.

I open my desktop spotify app first. Then i open the spotify app in my samsung phone. I click on the podcasts tab on the samsung spotify app and then on the episodes sub tab.

I play the most recently uploaded episode and then have it play on the computer and not on the phone from the icon on the bottom that says "devices available".

Once i check the spotify play queue in spotify desktop app all the recently uploaded episodes come up from most recent and so on. It divides them from "now playing" to "next up"

I used a windows desktop and samsung android phone, but you could try these steps with your phone and desktop and see if it works.

Spotify Podcast is only good at one thing. You can sync where you aer between PC, Android and IOS. But the rest of the app give me headache, pleas give us the sort of newest podcast and settings on how old postcast you want to see in app.

It's a massive oversight on their Desktop app implementation. For this reason, Spotify Podcasts are OK by mobile but unusable on their Desktop app.

Hey folks, 

Thanks for searching for the answer you need here! 

If you want to find new episodes of your favorite podcasts you just need to check the home page of the Spotify mobile app. Simply scroll down to New podcast episodes and you'll see them listed.   

This feature is visible on both iOS and Android devices. 

Hope this helps. Let us know if you have any more questions. 

I understand. But this should be fixed. It's ridiculous this is not available on the desktop. You shouldn't have to have your mobile nearby to efficiently listen to podcasts on Spotify on your desktop.

Hey there @Skitodd11

Thanks for searching for the answer you need here! 

Spotify constantly strives to improve the user experience with its features and the easiest way to achieve this is by regular app updates. We really appreciate you taking the time to share your suggestion with the Community. If you think other users might also like it, go ahead and create an idea on the relevant idea board. We always take new ideas and feedback into consideration to improve the app. Here you can read more on how ideas work.

We also suggest checking this help article for useful tips on how to submit an idea. As a heads-up, it's good to know that the higher the number of votes an idea gets, the more likely it is for the idea to be implemented 🙂 

Hope this helps. Let us know if you have any more questions.

Please stop posting pre-composed and unfitting replies. There is a bug in your software that prevents Podcasts from being sorted correctly. Please fix it. This is a sorting problem – literally a first year Computer Science problem. An engineer should be able to fix this bug in no time. Instead of forwarding this to the proper people, you're being evasive and trying to label this as a feature request – which it isn't.

Please have some developer investigate this further. Let me know if I can help. It's really annoying that the sorting is broken in your desktop app – and has been for months.

It is so annoying. The desktop app is not usable for podcasts right now. It is preventing me from listening to it. I even started to use another app for mobile and desktop for listening to podcasts, just because of it. So annoying.
Please add the 'new episodes' overview on desktop.

I've checked and this has been an idea since 2017. It was recently proposed again in the ideas section in 2019 but since not enough people gave it kudos it was closed. I agree with you this is a simple bug that should be fixed but the sad reality is there is not enough of us to promote this being added. There also exists the workaround mentioned to use the mobile app which doesn't help our case.

Marked as solution

A new sugestion has been opened here, 96 likes at time of writing, so please add to it if you're reading this, so that Spotify might actually bother fixing this bug/implementing the basic feature of showing a list of podcast episodes sorted by Newly Added, like they do in the app.

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/Desktop-Podcasts-Sort-by-Unplayed-Recently-Added/idi-p/4...

Suggested posts