Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Same song keeps playing.

Solved!

Same song keeps playing.

Hil, 

I have a frustrating problem. It started a few weeks ago. I listened to Spotify on my app (iphoneX iOS12.1.2) and suddenly another song started playing. A song that I haven't played before or heard about. If I tried to switch back to the original song, then it interrupted and began over. I can't change songs. It continues to start. I closed the app. the same thing happened when I opened them again. Now it happens regularly that the same song starts. It's always the same song. The same thing happens when I listen to the Webplayer. What happens? I'm a premium subscriber - and if I can't find a solution then I have to find another streaming service - because it is untenable. Anyone with that same problem?

Prenium

Denmark

Device

IphoneX 

Operating System

iOS12.1.2

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Possible Solution:

This issue has been driving me crazy for the past few weeks. But I seemed to have fixed it doing the following:

Go in to your account settings on desktop and click on "sign out everywhere". Change your password, login in again, click on "sign out everywhere" again, log back in and it should fix the problem. It did at least for me. FINALLY!

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

Hey there @samatajo and @Babycobra,

Thanks for sharing this in this thread and glad to hear this was resolved for you!

Since the steps @Pao13 suggested did the trick, we hope you don't mind us marking that post as solution. This way, users with a similar issue can come across it more easily.

There's also a helpful Spotify Answer with more info if you notice unexpected tracks showing or playing on your account.

Don't hesitate to give us a shout if there's anything else we can help with!

Have a lovely day 🙂

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

Marked as solution

Hey there @widag,

Thank you for your reply in this thread.

On your account page, go to Apps to review what’s connected to your account. It’s best to select REMOVE ACCESS on all of them to ensure your account’s security (you can reconnect them later).

Also, go to the Spotify desktop app's settings to review any connected Facebook accounts under Social. If there is one, click DISCONNECT FROM FACEBOOK to remove it. If it’s your own Facebook, change your Facebook password before you reconnect it.

If that doesn't do the trick, can you perform a clean reinstall of the app? This will make sure there's no old cache files causing this.

Let us know how everything goes so that we can continue to assist you if you need us to.

Take care!

JeremyModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

42 Replies

Hey @larsrunthis,

Thanks for getting in touch. Can you please try disabling AutoPlay in settings and let me know if your issue gets fixed?

Cheers,
Arda

Hi Arda,

Thanks for getting back to me. I have disabled the AutoPlay on my
mobile but cant seem to do it in the Webplayer.

Now, I have not tried listening since, but I just saw in my
Play Queue that the whole album is sat to play ( see screenshot)
and I can seem to delete them or disable it. It really weird, because it a
band
I have never heard of before and I dont even not the language.

Thanks,.

The problem has not been solved. Spotify continues to add the same band in queue and will not pause or stop when I support and I also cannot change the song - The song continues.
Am I really the only one with that problem?
I've tried:
Restart iphone.
Delete and reinstall Spotify app
Log out of app on iphone.
log out of the web player.

Anything else?

Please help if you can. It has lasted for a month now. I can't use it as SPotify behaves now. It is impossible, and I am a premium member.

Hey @larsrunthis,

It sounds like your account is being used somewhere else. We suggest that you check out this help article on how to make sure your account is secured, and further assistance. Just make sure that you go through all the steps. 

Hope that helps!

Hi,

I am having the same issue. Yesterday Spotify started playing a random song and it goes back to the same song a few seconds after I select  a new one.

I'm a premium user and it's just impossible to use spotify. 

I tried disabling autoplay and changing my password. No luck. This happens no matter what device I use (android, windows 10 app, win 10 chrome).

please let me know how I can fix this issue.

Thx

Alex

I've had the same issue that started yesterday, on my Iphone 8 plus and on my desktop player. A song (Wendy Arrica -Bad dream) that I haven't heard of or played is forced played repeatedly, a few seconds after playing any of my songs. I've closed, deleted/reinstalled the app. Changed my passwords and removed all third-party apps. Nothing seems to work. Anyway to solve this issue??

Thanks!

This is happening to me too and it is driving me insane!!!! 

I’m going insane! With the same song playing over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again. 

I’m using Spotify premium family plan, my husbands Spotify works fine. I changed password, turned auto play off, logged out. Deleted and redownloaded  the app. NOTHING WORKS. I’m paying for a service that doesn’t work, there has to be a way to fix this. Please help

This is happening to me too. Spotify support made me uninstall / reinstall app - then confirm my identity to them to make sure I was the rightful owner - then try a test account. This all took about 1 hour and didn't solve my issue. The issue has not been resolved. 

I am having the same issues. I have turned off my auto play and am not using the player on another device. 

thank you,

kylie 

Same thing is happening to me. What’s the fix?

I tried this. Didn’t work.

I am having the same issue. I All of a sudden my Spotify account would revert back to playing the same song after 5 seconds of playing a new song that I selected. The song is not set to repeat. I tried logging off and on, I tried uninstalling the app and reinstalling it, I changed my password. no luck. Please advise how I fix this issue? 

Same thing is happening to me!!! I can’t listen to anything in my damn Spotify without this random song coming on 5 seconds after I begin a new song. I’m paying for a service and I can’t even use it! Did someone hack in to the Spotify servers?? This is just bizarre to me!

I have exactly the same issue for the past week now. Can’t play anything else, the same album of an unknown artist keeps playing over and over. Any updates on how to fix it?

Marked as solution

Possible Solution:

This issue has been driving me crazy for the past few weeks. But I seemed to have fixed it doing the following:

Go in to your account settings on desktop and click on "sign out everywhere". Change your password, login in again, click on "sign out everywhere" again, log back in and it should fix the problem. It did at least for me. FINALLY!

Tried everything but this worked for me! Thanks Pao13! 

I was having the same issue. And this worked! Thank you 🙂

Marked as solution

Hey there @samatajo and @Babycobra,

Thanks for sharing this in this thread and glad to hear this was resolved for you!

Since the steps @Pao13 suggested did the trick, we hope you don't mind us marking that post as solution. This way, users with a similar issue can come across it more easily.

There's also a helpful Spotify Answer with more info if you notice unexpected tracks showing or playing on your account.

Don't hesitate to give us a shout if there's anything else we can help with!

Have a lovely day 🙂

KaterinaModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

Suggested posts