Same song keeps playing.

Solved!
Highlighted

Same song keeps playing.

larsrunthis
Casual Listener

Hil, 

I have a frustrating problem. It started a few weeks ago. I listened to Spotify on my app (iphoneX iOS12.1.2) and suddenly another song started playing. A song that I haven't played before or heard about. If I tried to switch back to the original song, then it interrupted and began over. I can't change songs. It continues to start. I closed the app. the same thing happened when I opened them again. Now it happens regularly that the same song starts. It's always the same song. The same thing happens when I listen to the Webplayer. What happens? I'm a premium subscriber - and if I can't find a solution then I have to find another streaming service - because it is untenable. Anyone with that same problem?

Prenium

Denmark

Device

IphoneX 

Operating System

iOS12.1.2

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Solution!

Re: Same song keeps playing.

Pao13
Casual Listener

Possible Solution:

This issue has been driving me crazy for the past few weeks. But I seemed to have fixed it doing the following:

Go in to your account settings on desktop and click on "sign out everywhere". Change your password, login in again, click on "sign out everywhere" again, log back in and it should fix the problem. It did at least for me. FINALLY!

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Solution!

Hey there @samatajo and @Babycobra,

Thanks for sharing this in this thread and glad to hear this was resolved for you!

Since the steps @Pao13 suggested did the trick, we hope you don't mind us marking that post as solution. This way, users with a similar issue can come across it more easily.

There's also a helpful Spotify Answer with more info if you notice unexpected tracks showing or playing on your account.

Don't hesitate to give us a shout if there's anything else we can help with!

Have a lovely day 🙂

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
"Kindness is the language which the deaf can hear and the blind can see." - Mark Twain

View solution in original post

23 Replies
Highlighted

Rising Star 19 ardacebi
Rising Star 19

Hey @larsrunthis,

Thanks for getting in touch. Can you please try disabling AutoPlay in settings and let me know if your issue gets fixed?

Cheers,
Arda

ardacebiRising Star 19
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.
Highlighted

larsrunthis
Casual Listener
Hi Arda,

Thanks for getting back to me. I have disabled the AutoPlay on my
mobile but cant seem to do it in the Webplayer.

Now, I have not tried listening since, but I just saw in my
Play Queue that the whole album is sat to play ( see screenshot)
and I can seem to delete them or disable it. It really weird, because it a
band
I have never heard of before and I dont even not the language.

Thanks,.

Highlighted

larsrunthis
Casual Listener

The problem has not been solved. Spotify continues to add the same band in queue and will not pause or stop when I support and I also cannot change the song - The song continues.
Am I really the only one with that problem?
I've tried:
Restart iphone.
Delete and reinstall Spotify app
Log out of app on iphone.
log out of the web player.

Anything else?

Please help if you can. It has lasted for a month now. I can't use it as SPotify behaves now. It is impossible, and I am a premium member.

Highlighted

Jemi
Spotify Legend

Hey @larsrunthis,

It sounds like your account is being used somewhere else. We suggest that you check out this help article on how to make sure your account is secured, and further assistance. Just make sure that you go through all the steps. 

Hope that helps!

Highlighted

poli70

Hi,

I am having the same issue. Yesterday Spotify started playing a random song and it goes back to the same song a few seconds after I select  a new one.

I'm a premium user and it's just impossible to use spotify. 

I tried disabling autoplay and changing my password. No luck. This happens no matter what device I use (android, windows 10 app, win 10 chrome).

please let me know how I can fix this issue.

Thx

Alex

Highlighted

mathieu_th
Visitor

I've had the same issue that started yesterday, on my Iphone 8 plus and on my desktop player. A song (Wendy Arrica -Bad dream) that I haven't heard of or played is forced played repeatedly, a few seconds after playing any of my songs. I've closed, deleted/reinstalled the app. Changed my passwords and removed all third-party apps. Nothing seems to work. Anyway to solve this issue??

Thanks!

Highlighted

dlgula

This is happening to me too and it is driving me insane!!!! 

Highlighted

Helppppppp
Casual Listener

I’m going insane! With the same song playing over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again. 

I’m using Spotify premium family plan, my husbands Spotify works fine. I changed password, turned auto play off, logged out. Deleted and redownloaded  the app. NOTHING WORKS. I’m paying for a service that doesn’t work, there has to be a way to fix this. Please help

Highlighted

elise__
Casual Listener

This is happening to me too. Spotify support made me uninstall / reinstall app - then confirm my identity to them to make sure I was the rightful owner - then try a test account. This all took about 1 hour and didn't solve my issue. The issue has not been resolved. 

SUGGESTED POSTS