Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Desktop (Mac)

Discuss Spotify for Mac

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Jam now available on Desktop

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. The Now Playing View in the right sidebar shows the album art and info of the current song or pod...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes

Solved!! Spotify free: Music stops on MAC

Edited: Thank you very much everyone for helping! Finally I managed to correct the error and the steps are those that DerpyNerd offered and highlighted as a solution. Hi! I have a MacBook Pro, and for a week now I have a problem with the desktop app....

• Casual Listener
  • bfteach
  • Regular
  • 19 replies
  • 1 likes
  • music stops
  • 19 replies
  • 1 likes

[Mac] Troubleshooting Spotify

Having trouble with Spotify on your Desktop app? Here’s what to try first. Search the Community Someone might have asked your question on the Community before. So type your issue into the search box and have a look. Tip: Don't forget to check our Spo...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 35 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 35 likes

Solved!! Unable to login to Spotify.

I am unable to log into Spotify ! Tried to change password but get the message 'Sorry, your form has expired. Please try again.'

• I am unable to log into Spotify ! Tried to change password but get the message 'Sorry, your form has expired. Please try again.'
  • vineethmucherla
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Secret "Discover Weekly" Playlist?

I stumbled across a "Discover Weekly" playlist that somehow made its way into my Playlists tab this afternoon. I've been listening to it since then and it's great! However, the playlist just mysteriously disappeared from all of Spotify now, and after...

Screen Shot 2015-04-08 at 12.26.42 AM.png
  • ...wesome.   Also, here's a feedback form that was linked to in my original Discover Weekly playlist, which has publicly readable responses. It only has 20 reponses so far, so it s...
  • scullybhoy1888
  • 51 replies
  • 7 likes
  • Mac
  • 51 replies
  • 7 likes

App Freezes All The Time Duding Playback

I have an iPhone 6 Plus and am running Spotify version 5.7.0.1055. The app freezes all the time during playback. For example, I will start playing a song. The song will continue to play but the UI freezes and is unresponsive. I can try to press the "...

• Regular
  • I have an iPhone 6 Plus and am running Spotify version 5.7.0.1055. The app freezes all the time during playback. For example, I will start playing a song. The song will continue to play but the UI fr...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Songs replaced by endless copies of a different song.

Hi, i started using Spotify around 2008-2009 ish. Ever since, (though i at one point made a new account i believe) i have kept a "main list", meaning i had thousands of not just nostalgic songs but music i will probably not find if i go searching aga...

• Hi, i started using Spotify around 2008-2009 ish. Ever since, (though i at one point made a new account i believe) i have kept a "main list", meaning i had thousands of not just nostalgic songs but m...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Pausing with new speakers / dac

Version of spotify: http://prntscr.com/5hz2zn Macbook Pro - late 2012 Hey Spotify Community, I just purchased a set of AudioEngine A5+ speakers and a D1 DAC and started encountering a pretty random issue with Spotify. As I was playing songs via spoti...

• Version of spotify: http://prntscr.com/5hz2zn Macbook Pro - late 2012   Hey Spotify Community,   I just purchased a set of AudioEngine A5+ speakers and a D1 DAC and started encoun...
  • ascorti
  • Casual Listener
  • 8 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Mac
  • 8 replies
  • 1 likes

Playlist bug for local files

Weird bug: I have a local file that I have added to a playlist. For some reason that file won't show on my desktop (Mac OS X El Capitan) playlist. But Spotify definitely is recognizing that I've added the file; the playlist correctly updates on my mo...

• Weird bug: I have a local file that I have added to a playlist. For some reason that file won't show on my desktop (Mac OS X El Capitan) playlist. But Spotify definitely is recognizing that I've adde...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

drag and drop never worked in my playlists using Chrome or/and Firefox

Hi, i'm trying to edit my playlists but drag and drop never worked. I wanna chage the sequence of the songs that I creatd first, but appears to be disable or something. I'm not using the app, im using the browser. Can anyone help me with this? Spotif...

• Hi, i'm trying to edit my playlists but drag and drop never worked. I wanna chage the sequence of the songs that I creatd first, but appears to be disable or something.   I'm not using th...
  • osornios
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Error code 4

Hi everybody, I tried to find a solution in the forums but nothing seems to work for me. Since a month spotify keeps giving error code 4. Several solutions I found, tested but don't work for me. edit: it also can't log in on my phone- restart- log ou...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi everybody,   I tried to find a solution in the forums but nothing seems to work for me.  Since a month spotify keeps giving error code 4. Several solutions I found, tested but don't w...
  • shoemann
  • Regular
  • 15 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 15 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify no internet connection error 4

I totally have internet connection but Spotify mac app doesn't. I have logged out and tried to log in with Facebook but it only goes to Firefox and after a while says "You may now close this window." And nothing happens......OSX 10.10.5

• Casual Listener
  • I totally have internet connection but Spotify mac app doesn't. I have logged out and tried to log in with Facebook but it only goes to Firefox and after a while says "You may now close this window."...
  • arnoudtraa
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! my picture is being used on a public playlist that I did not create

my picture is being used on a public playlist that I did not createWhat can I do to delete or report this?this is the link to list:https://open.spotify.com/user/spotifydiscover/playlist/6sR9mCqKqBzQO9s2XcM3Uf

• Visitor
  • my picture is being used on a public playlist that I did not create What can I do to delete or report this? this is the link to list: https://open.spotify.com/user/spotifydiscover/playlist/6sR9mCqKqBzQO9s2XcM3Uf
  • rbhirsch1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify doesn"t start with Yosemite

Hi everyone! Since I updated my Macbook to OS X Yosemite my spotify doesn't even start. After breefly showing the LogIn screen it shuts down. I also can't reinstall spotify, because the installer won't start. It's the same problem there. I have a pre...

• Regular
  • Hi everyone!   Since I updated my Macbook to OS X Yosemite my spotify doesn't even start. After breefly showing the LogIn screen it shuts down. I also can't reinstall spotify, because the in...
  • floyd831
  • Casual Listener
  • 39 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 39 replies
  • 0 likes

Inconsistent Library Throughout Devices

For example, I will be logged in on my iPad, delete a song from my music. Then I will be logged onto my computer and that song is still in my library.Is there a way to make my library consistant between my iphone, ipad, and desktop?

• Casual Listener
  • For example, I will be logged in on my iPad, delete a song from my music. Then I will be logged onto my computer and that song is still in my library. Is there a way to make my library consista...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Problem using Spotify and a Wacom tablet at the same time

I am listening to a personal list in Spotify, using the tablet and suddenly the tablet freezes and the iMac gets really slow. The only way how to bring the iMac back is shutting down Spotify, and it takes quite a long time to do it so. Does anybody e...

• I am listening to a personal list in Spotify, using the tablet and suddenly the tablet freezes and the iMac gets really slow. The only way how to bring the iMac back is shutting down Spotify, and it ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Okay my spotify was offline and when i went online to search for new songs spotify logged me out saying that i can only use it abroad for 14 days, im not even abroad but okay I went on the website to change the country and it doesnt want to log in wi...

• Casual Listener
  • Okay my spotify was offline and when i went online to search for new songs spotify logged me out saying that i can only use it abroad for 14 days, im not even abroad but okay I went on the website to...
  • SirPulpje
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify premium

So I clicked on one of your ads on Instagram to get Spotify for 99 cents. I was currently on the Spotify premium free trial. I filled out the information and stuff to get the premium for 99 cents. When I finished it said congrats you now have premium...

• So I clicked on one of your ads on Instagram to get Spotify for 99 cents. I was currently on the Spotify premium free trial. I filled out the information and stuff to get the premium for 99 cents. Wh...
  • osornios
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

No sound, but song is playing - Happens after every output-switch

Everytime i switch output on OS X. That means, plugging in headphones, pulling out headphones, activating airplay som OS X, and disconnecting airplay, Spotify won't play any sound. I can see the scrubber sliding, but no sound(but i CAN hear system-so...

• Everytime i switch output on OS X. That means, plugging in headphones, pulling out headphones, activating airplay som OS X, and disconnecting airplay, Spotify won't play any sound. I can see the scru...
  • Ravier
  • 4 replies
  • 4 likes
  • Mac
  • 4 replies
  • 4 likes

"Can't play current track" banner whenever audio route changes or Mac wakes up from sleep.

Sometimes when audio route changes, but also fairly regularly when waking my Mac from sleep, Spotify will complain about not being able to play the current track. Restarting the app is the only way to restore functionality.

• Spotify Legend
  •   Sometimes when audio route changes, but also fairly regularly when waking my Mac from sleep, Spotify will complain about not being able to play the current track.  Restarting the app is ...
  • bgerstle
  • Spotify Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Potential Bug: Top level folders only play first sub-folder's playlists when double clicked

Hey Team, Sharing a potential bug that's been in the release version of the mac desktop client for a while now. I'm probably an edge case user, but sharing anyway in case anyone else is running into this as well. Thanks! OS/Client Versions: Mac: 10.1...

• Casual Listener
  • Hey Team,   Sharing a potential bug that's been in the release version of the mac desktop client for a while now. I'm probably an edge case user, but sharing anyway in case anyone else is runn...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes