Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop (Mac)

Discuss Spotify for Mac

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Jam now available on Desktop

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. The Now Playing View in the right sidebar shows the album art and info of the current song or pod...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes

Solved!! Spotify free: Music stops on MAC

Edited: Thank you very much everyone for helping! Finally I managed to correct the error and the steps are those that DerpyNerd offered and highlighted as a solution. Hi! I have a MacBook Pro, and for a week now I have a problem with the desktop app....

• Casual Listener
  • bfteach
  • Regular
  • 19 replies
  • 1 likes
  • music stops
  • 19 replies
  • 1 likes

[Mac] Troubleshooting Spotify

Having trouble with Spotify on your Desktop app? Here’s what to try first. Search the Community Someone might have asked your question on the Community before. So type your issue into the search box and have a look. Tip: Don't forget to check our Spo...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 34 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 34 likes

Solved!! Search for song in playlist does not work on Mac anymore

After updating spotify I can not search for songs in my playlist anymore. Please fix it! CTRL+F or CMD+F does not do anything.

• After updating spotify I can not search for songs in my playlist anymore. Please fix it! CTRL+F or CMD+F does not do anything.
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Bug: Negative track count in Local files

When I switch between playlists and local files the local files sometimes get a ngetive count. I have seen -5, -6 and -1 so far, depending on which playlist I was on previously. I have ecxactly one local track.

negative.png
  • When I switch between playlists and local files the local files sometimes get a ngetive count. I have seen -5, -6 and -1 so far, depending on which playlist I was on previously. I have ecxactly one l...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Issue with local file / file could not found

I seem to have this issue recently where files seem to be not able to be played on Spotify. I have spotify premium account and never had this issue until recent update. I have tried to change the preference of the local source and make sure the folde...

• I seem to have this issue recently where files seem to be not able to be played on Spotify. I have spotify premium account and never had this issue until recent update.   I have tried to chang...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify playlist don't stay synced iphone 5

Hello, My playlists will not stay synced on iphone 5. I have removed devices, reinstalled the app, etc. I have been reading about resetting the router. I have an Apple Time Capsule I am using with my Imac to sync playlists. I read it does not support...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello,  My playlists will not stay synced on iphone 5. I have removed devices, reinstalled the app, etc. I have been reading about resetting the router. I have an Apple Time Capsule I am using ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify opens "www.axe.com" Website constantly.

Hello, a few days ago Spotify started opening the website "axe.xom" on Safari (OSX 10.10) after an ad of AXE was shown in the program and continues to open the website constantly when it is running in the backgound. This is really annoying.Others hav...

• Hello,   a few days ago Spotify started opening the website "axe.xom" on Safari (OSX 10.10) after an ad of AXE was shown in the program and continues to open the website constantly when it is ...
  • Erkan_Yılmaz
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Wrong order in play queue

Dropping in whole albums in play queue gives them the wrong order. I've seen this behaviour before, but wanted to note it here. What I did was to drop the whole new album from Kendrick Lamar into the play queue. And no matter how I do it (right click...

• Casual Listener
  • Dropping in whole albums in play queue gives them the wrong order.   I've seen this behaviour before, but wanted to note it here.   What I did was to drop the whole new album ...
  • gsw615
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Matt Suda, you seem pretty helpful.. any suggestions on Spotify alternatives?

Seriously though, what are some GOOD apps similar to Spotify? I'm tired of paying you guys to bug test this **bleep** for the moron in charge of updates.

• Music Fan
  • Seriously though, what are some GOOD apps similar to Spotify? I'm tired of paying you guys to bug test this **bleep** for the moron in charge of updates.
  • Grazzt
  • Roadie
  • 8 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Mac
  • 8 replies
  • 1 likes

New update cuts off Song, Artist, Album

The newest update truncates all fields in browsing and in playlists, this is a terrible idea. I use spotify nearly exclusively for classical music and the new view makes differentiating different movements of a piece impossible. If there's no solutio...

• Visitor
  • The newest update truncates all fields in browsing and in playlists, this is a terrible idea. I use spotify nearly exclusively for classical music and the new view makes differentiating different mov...
  • LosingThisUser
  • Music Fan
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Notifications not working OS X Yosemite

Since for a week, my notifications in the app not working, just click the bell icon, and the screen only shows...the "wave waiting"...but never shows the notifications

• Casual Listener
  • Since for a week, my notifications in the app not working, just click the bell icon, and the screen only shows...the "wave waiting"...but never shows the notifications
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Import Ivy converted playlist

I have converted my Grooveshark playlist using Ivy. The playlist text file looks like this: ....spotify:track:0RTjFVHvqjTdpX2NawwyXI.... The instruction says that I can copy the list and paste it into any Spotify playlist.However, unless I'm missing ...

• I have converted my Grooveshark playlist using Ivy.  The playlist text file looks like this:   .... spotify:track:0RTjFVHvqjTdpX2NawwyXI ....   The instruction says that I can c...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Friend feed not listing previously played songs

Am I missing something or does Spotify only show you your friend's last played song instead of listing every song they recently listened to? For example, now it shows what they're currently listening to, which is nice and all, but it doesn't show wha...

• Visitor
  • Am I missing something or does Spotify only show you your friend's last played song instead of listing every song they recently listened to?   For example, now it shows what they're currently ...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Not Showing Albums as Saved

Hi Everone, Not long had Spotify, Must say im loving it. The only issue i'm having is it that everytime I save an Album it doesn't mark the tracks with a tick, however if I save the tracks individualy it marks them with a tick. Ive logged into a frie...

• Hi Everone,   Not long had Spotify, Must say im loving it. The only issue i'm having is it that everytime I save an Album it doesn't mark the tracks with a tick, however if I save the tracks i...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Local files not displaying

I am using Spotify on Mac OS 10.10. My local files do not show up at all. I even tried manually adding my iTunes media directory in the preferences, but still nothing. Any ideas? I also don't see a way to import iTunes playlists (was that option remo...

• Casual Listener
  • I am using Spotify on Mac OS 10.10.  My local files do not show up at all.  I even tried manually adding my iTunes media directory in the preferences, but still nothing.  Any ideas?&nb...
  • Grazzt
  • Roadie
  • 6 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Mac
  • 6 replies
  • 1 likes

Notifications not loading

Since I downloaded the latest version of Spotify to my MacBook it will not load my notifications although it tells me I have 13... I just see a gray loading wheel. Quitting and realoding the App doesn't fix the problem. Any suggestions?

• Visitor
  • Since I downloaded the latest version of Spotify to my MacBook it will not load my notifications although it tells me I have 13... I just see a gray loading wheel. Quitting and realoding the App does...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify changes the song order when adding multiple songs to the queue

Hello lads.After using Spotify for years, a recent update introduced a very annoying bug: when adding multiple songs to the queue, either by adding an entire album or a custom set from a playlist, Spotify always changes the order of the songs. It see...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello lads. After using Spotify for years, a recent update introduced a very annoying bug: when adding multiple songs to the queue, either by adding an entire album or a custom set from a playlist...
  • Soundofus
  • Spotify Star
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Local files under artists?

Hi, is there a way to view my local files under the artists tab? One of my favorite artists has only one album on spotify and I have all other ones in my local folder. This is not about saving the files to my phone or anyting like this... just though...

• Hi,   is there a way to view my local files under the artists tab? One of my favorite artists has only one album on spotify and I have all other ones in my local folder.    This is...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Some songs playing at very low volume

Until today playback has been perfectly normal, but suddenly some songs are only just audiable whereas others are at the volume you would typically expect. The volume doesn't change within songs, just from one to the next. More seem to be at the lowe...

• Until today playback has been perfectly normal, but suddenly some songs are only just audiable whereas others are at the volume you would typically expect.  The volume doesn't change within song...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Unable to control Spotify with Bowtie after latest update.

Hi, I use a desktop accessory called Bowtie to control my Spotify playback through key shortcuts as opposed to maximizing the Spotify window each time I'd like a change. This morning, I updated the desktop player, and Bowtie was no longer able to con...

• Hi,   I use a desktop accessory called Bowtie to control my Spotify playback through key shortcuts as opposed to maximizing the Spotify window each time I'd like a change.   This mornin...
  • lokatt
  • 3 replies
  • 6 likes
  • Mac
  • 3 replies
  • 6 likes

Mac - Can't relocate or remove songs from queue? WTF??

Just upgraded my Mac client to 1.0.2.6.g9977a14b, and I cannot move or remove songs from the Queue??? What is going on? I guess they'll fix it in the next version

• Regular
  • Just upgraded my Mac client to 1.0.2.6.g9977a14b, and I cannot move or remove songs from the Queue???   What is going on?   I guess they'll fix it in the next version 😕
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Playlist bugged

Hello! Im having some trouble with my playlist. It´s a bit hard to explain, but im going to try. After the newest spotify update, for some reason when i click on a song on my playlist, a totally different one appears. I´ve tried reinstalling spotify,...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello! Im having some trouble with my playlist. It´s a bit hard to explain, but im going to try. After the newest spotify update, for some reason when i click on a song on my playlist, a totally diff...
  • Soundofus
  • Spotify Star
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes