Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop (Mac)

Discuss Spotify for Mac

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Jam now available on Desktop

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. The Now Playing View in the right sidebar shows the album art and info of the current song or pod...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes

Solved!! Spotify free: Music stops on MAC

Edited: Thank you very much everyone for helping! Finally I managed to correct the error and the steps are those that DerpyNerd offered and highlighted as a solution. Hi! I have a MacBook Pro, and for a week now I have a problem with the desktop app....

• Casual Listener
  • bfteach
  • Regular
  • 19 replies
  • 1 likes
  • music stops
  • 19 replies
  • 1 likes

[Mac] Troubleshooting Spotify

Having trouble with Spotify on your Desktop app? Here’s what to try first. Search the Community Someone might have asked your question on the Community before. So type your issue into the search box and have a look. Tip: Don't forget to check our Spo...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 34 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 34 likes

Moving local files from device to desktop

I had my hard drive crash and lost 900 local files, so now many of my playlist show songs greyed out.. BUT I can still see/play local files from my iphone, how can I move these over from my device to my desktop?

• I had my hard drive crash and lost 900 local files, so now many of my playlist show songs greyed out..   BUT I can still see/play local files from my iphone, how can I move these over from m...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Keep on receiving notifications from playlists I unfollowed

I unfollowed a playlist (3voor12) a long time ago but still receive notifactions in my Mac client. I have followed and unfollowed several times but to no avail. Please help/fix dirk

• I unfollowed a playlist (3voor12) a long time ago but still receive notifactions in my Mac client. I have followed and unfollowed several times but to no avail.   Please help/fix   ...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify takes 4 minutes to open

hi,since getting the 2 or 3 last versions of spotify, it has been very slow to open. Sometimes I have to reboot. I use Mac OS X 10.6.8. Spotify version 0.8.8.459.Anyone else have this problem?

• Regular
  • hi, since getting the 2 or 3 last versions of spotify, it has been very slow to open. Sometimes I have to reboot. I use Mac OS X 10.6.8. Spotify version 0.8.8.459. Anyone else have this problem?
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 12 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Mac
  • 12 replies
  • 1 likes

All my Spotify playlist's are gone!!

I see that all my playlists are missing -- I thought it was just a glitch, so I"m just now getting around to posting this. I think the culprit may have been that I tried out the web version on my Chromebook. I had a whole ton of playlists: A totally ...

• Regular
  • I see that all my playlists are missing -- I thought it was just a glitch, so I"m just now getting around to posting this.   I think the culprit may have been that I tried out the web version ...
  • sgharms
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Meshing my library with the spotify library

Is there a way to identify which tracks in my library are not also in the spotify library? I'm just thinking for mobile syncing I can make a playlist of my local files that are not in Spotify.

• Regular
  • Is there a way to identify which tracks in my library are not also in the spotify library? I'm just thinking for mobile syncing I can make a playlist of my local files that are not in Spotify.
  • Taylor
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

[OSX][Mac] Spotify won't start

Hello everyone. We are aware that, since the latest update, some OS X users are having trouble starting Spotify. We're looking into a solution and will update you in this thread when more information is available.

• Spotify Legend
  • Hello everyone. We are aware that, since the latest update, some OS X users are having trouble starting Spotify.   We're looking into a solution and will update you in this thread when more ...
  • thedeuce
  • Casual Listener
  • 49 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 49 replies
  • 0 likes

How can I make sure my files play the correct versions?

I couldn't find a similar thread on my topic (also this somewhat applies to both Mac and Android Spotify versions). I have a concert recording of Dave Matthews Band from his Caravan show at The Gorge in September of 2011. (You know those people who g...

• I couldn't find a similar thread on my topic (also this somewhat applies to both Mac and Android Spotify versions).   I have a concert recording of Dave Matthews Band from his Caravan show a...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Apps never work

Hi, the instructions on this site say that to get a spotify app to work, you go to app finder and then just click an app to start using it. This has never worked, I get an error message that says app not installed. Not a single app will load. Am I mi...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi, the instructions on this site say that to get a spotify app to work, you go to app finder and then just click an app to start using it. This has never worked, I get an error message that says app...
  • Taylor
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

losing tracks when creating on laptop then opening iPad or switching users

I am using Spotify Premium on a Mac OS 10.8.3 and using it to play playlists on an iPad 2. At times, and I'm not sure why, when creating a playlist, some songs do not show up when I turn on Spotify on the iPad. I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong...

• Regular
  • I am using Spotify Premium on a Mac OS 10.8.3 and using it to play playlists on an iPad 2.   At times, and I'm not sure why, when creating a playlist, some songs do not show up when I turn on ...
  • djRobG
  • Regular
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Only receiving messages on one computer

I use Spotify on two different computers, one at work and one at home (both macs). Same account info on both. However, when someone sends me a message, I only receive them on my home computer or through facebook. This computer is often turned off dur...

• I use Spotify on two different computers, one at work and one at home (both macs). Same account info on both. However, when someone sends me a message, I only receive them on my home computer or thro...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! [Mac] Important info for Mac 10.5 users

Every so often improvements that we need to make to the Spotify push the application beyond the capabilities of some older computers or operating systems.The next update to Spotify desktop will affect Macs running OS X versions earlier than earlier t...

• Spotify Legend
  • Every so often improvements that we need to make to the Spotify push the application beyond the capabilities of some older computers or operating systems. The next update to Spotify desktop will a...
  • Goodman
  • Spotify Legend
  • 29 replies
  • 7 likes
  • Mac
  • 29 replies
  • 7 likes

Problem remains with starting and using Spotify on computer in general...

Hi, I've been using Spotify for a while now, on many devices, Phone, iPad, and computers.Never had a problem. I have the non free version. Very happy. But for 2 months now, Spotify won't start on both my computers, at home and at work. The login scre...

• Hi,   I've been using Spotify for a while now, on many devices, Phone, iPad, and computers. Never had a problem. I have the non free version. Very happy.   But for 2 months now, Spotif...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Deleted playlist still alive

I recently deleted a playlist I created some time ago but I still get notifications about it... how is it possible? (Spotify 0.9.0 and Mac OSX 10.8.3) Thanks!

• Visitor
  • I recently deleted a playlist I created some time ago but I still get notifications about it... how is it possible? 😕 (Spotify 0.9.0 and Mac OSX 10.8.3) Thanks!
  • Adam
  • Roadie
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

deleted

deleted

• deleted
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify won't launch on Mac 10.7.5

So yesterday, I tried to open Spotify Premium on my Macbook Pro (Lion 10.7.5), and the Spotify icon on my dock kept bouncing up and down. After waiting for several minutes, it continued bouncing up and down and never opened. At the time, I was in a r...

• Casual Listener
  • So yesterday, I tried to open Spotify Premium on my Macbook Pro (Lion 10.7.5), and the Spotify icon on my dock kept bouncing up and down. After waiting for several minutes, it continued bouncing up a...
  • lfenton
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 3 likes
  • Mac
  • 4 replies
  • 3 likes

Can only play the artist Comtron via Spotfiy webplayer and not in the Spotify App it self

If I do a search for the artist "Comtron" in the Spotify app, it shows the albums in the top portion of the screen, but says below "your search did not match anything.. etc" If I do a search in google for "Comtron Spotify" then I can play the tracks ...

• Regular
  • If I do a search for the artist "Comtron" in the Spotify app, it shows the albums in the top portion of the screen, but says below "your search did not match anything.. etc"   If I do a sear...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Adding new icons after upgrading without removing the old ones

Hi!Everytime I upgrade my Spotify (in Spotify) I get a new Spotify icon if I right click a media file. How can i remove these icons or have I x numbers of different players still installed?

Skärmavbild 2013-04-25 kl. 23.30.40.png
  • Casual Listener
  • Hi! Everytime I upgrade my Spotify (in Spotify) I get a new Spotify icon if I right click a media file. How can i remove these icons or have I x numbers of different players still installed?
  • Ic3Wa11
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Accidentally deleted a playlist

Hi, I accidentally deleted my "Wedding" playlist. Is there some way to get it back?

• Hi, I accidentally deleted my "Wedding" playlist. Is there some way to get it back?
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Last.fm off – repeated Privacy Terms requests

Every couple of days, my Last.fm scrobbling turned off automatically. When I look into the App, it ask me to confirm I accept the Privacy Terms. This already happened over 10 times in the last couple of weeks, so I doubt this is related to changed pr...

• Music Fan
  • Every couple of days, my Last.fm scrobbling turned off automatically. When I look into the App, it ask me to confirm I accept the Privacy Terms. This already happened over 10 times in the last c...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

[Mac 0.9.0.128.g3134f863] Can't select search suggestions

Reporting a bug... since I upgraded to the latest Mac client version, I can't select search suggestions anymore. I start typing into search, then hit the up/down arrows to pick a suggestion. But when I hit enter, it just searches for whatever I have ...

Screen Shot 2013-04-20 at 3.32.47 PM.png Screen Shot 2013-04-20 at 3.32.57 PM.png
  • Casual Listener
  • Reporting a bug... since I upgraded to the latest Mac client version, I can't select search suggestions anymore.   I start typing into search, then hit the up/down arrows to pick a suggestion....
  • ruccola
  • Roadie
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Mac
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes