Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Album/Song's full release date

Album/Song's full release date

Hi,

I've noticed that the latest update for the desktop app (Windows) removed the full release date of an album, and now just presents the year.

On version: 1.0.65.320.gac7a8e02 on the PC where i haven't updated I still see it, while on the newest version I don't.

Is there anyway to revert this or change back in the future? since I really liked having this information.

Thanks,

Shahaf

8 Replies

I've been wondering this too.

I have a list for new music that I like to keep organized from oldest to newest and now it's so much harder when I have to go and look for all the release dates on google. Before the newest update I could just open the album info and check the date, then seek the music on the playlist that was published near that time and move it there. That way I could also delete the "oldest" songs on the list by looking the uppermost dates.

Hope you bring the exact dates back and explain why this change got done.

Yup I Just noticed this too. Why? bug? Trolling? 

I'm also super bummed to see this feature removed from lateset update. Why would Spotify remove something like this? Very helpful when looking back at releases in a large catalog. Please bring back in next update.

I add my voice to that. Really inconvenient not to have full date of a release.

This is so annoying! I really hope that Spotify reverts to featuring the song and album release dates again. I can't understand why this was ever removed?! Please fix this Spotify!

Yes, agreed. Bring back the album dates. This HAS to be an error. I cannot believe in any way you would find it useful removing the dates from an album. 

When on an artist's frontpage, who has recently released something, you can see the date on their "Latest Release" or "Artist's Pick" tab, but not after entering the album. What's left then is just the year, which is really not that useful without the date. 

Why is the date only on the artist's frontpage? 

If you hover over the release date in the new 2021 desktop app update or the web player for several seconds, the full release date will show in a popup tooltip. They should just show the full release date by default. The tooltip is slow and small.

full release date hover tooltip.png

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hey @shahafs @n60eybo_7-uj @TysonOC @pdanchenko @theoaronson 

Good news!

In the new desktop app version 1.1.86 and the Web Player, you can now see the full release date (month, day, year) at the bottom of the release page just like you can in the mobile app. You can still hover over the year at the top of the release page as well to see the full release date.

Check out the screenshot below to see how it looks like:

releasedatedesktopapp.png

full release date hover tooltip.png

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts