Autoplay not working on Desktop

Plan

Premium

Country

Germany

Operating System

Windows 10 Pro

Additional Info

It works, when i start a track on my mobile phone.
But when i start a track on my Desktop (to play on my mobile phone or on my desktop), it does not work...

13 Replies

Hi there @Jorra,

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community!

We'd recommend you run a clean reinstall of the app, following the device specific steps in this guide

Also try disabling and re-enabling the Autoplay option once you've reinstalled the app.

Hope this helps. Let us know how it goes. 

Thanks.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I tried the clean re install on Spotify and the auto place still doesn't work. Any other suggestions? Thanks

Hey @Nervousnell56,

Thanks for getting back to us.

Can you check if Autoplay starts when a playlist or album finishes, or is it only when you search for a song and play it?

Keep us posted.

AlexModerator

When I search for a song and play it in desktop it doesn't work but when I use mobile app it woeks

Hey @Sahilghanwat,

Thank you for keeping in contact and for the info shared.

As it could be device-related, we'd like to try some additional alternatives. First, make sure that the option Autoplay on other devices is toggled on under Playback in the app settings.

If so, check if the option Spotify Connect in the background is toggled on as well. To check this, go to settings> Devices> Spotify connect in background. Give it a try to check if you notice any difference.

Lastly, and if the issue persists, include in your next response the make, model and OS version of your device, along with the Spotify version you're currently running to continue investigating the case.

We'll be on the lookout.

OscarDCModerator

I tried it but it still is just showing that 'your queue is empty'

Hey @rvs1,

Welcome to the Community and thank you for joining the conversation. 

Just to be on the same page, could you confirm the troubleshooting steps you've tried so far? In case you haven't tried before, we'd recommend performing a clean reinstall of the app by following the steps in this article as this can be helpful in getting rid of any cache that might be causing trouble. 

If the issue persists, could you record a short video where we can take a better look? You can attach it to your next response by using the Insert Video option in the post editor. You can also upload it to Google Drive and share the link with us (make sure the video has the permissions for anyone to watch it).

Lastly, include in your next response the OS version of your device, along with the Spotify version you're currently running to continue investigating the case.

We'll be on the lookout.

OscarDCModerator

its still don't work 
version 1.2.19.941.... i have reinstalled it for a lot of times  and still it doesn't work
os version : Windows 11 home 
video (google drive) = https://drive.google.com/file/d/19XvcDXLM3Kac29lk3jHKRDvOaV1yO6EU/view?usp=sharing

Hey @MAKXX,

We've tested this on our end however we couldn't reproduce the issue. Can you please check if the issue persists using a different account?

Keep us posted.

MihailYModerator

as you said i tested with 2 another accounts still it persist so i checked it on android too... it show the same issue there too 

though in android i used another account.. that mean i tried with 3 diffrent accounts

Hey there,

Thanks for the replies and the extensive troubleshooting.

We are still unable to reproduce this issue on our end. As much as we'd like to troubleshoot further, the experience seems to be isolated to your setup. We recommend checking different setup variations.

Hope this clears things a bit.

Cheers!

DianModerator

I am having the same issue, and I have also tried all of your suggestions. Please help!! Very frustrating!!

Hi @ainsfam5,

Could you try logging in to your account on the desktop app via another device (if possible) to see if Autoplay will trigger there? It's also worth checking if Autoplay will activate if you keep Spotify open both on your phone and PC.

Keep us posted. Cheers!

YordanModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".

Suggested posts